PDA

View Full Version : Can some one help me with my anxiety.

Dan Wales
01-02-15, 21:11
I hate being anxious all the time. Is there any way to stop this. I cant see an end to this. I wake up anxious and fall asleep anxious. Some one please help me to get rid off these horrid thoughts.

Oosh
01-02-15, 22:39
Your first thought on waking can be remembering your anxiety. Give yourself something positive for you to wake up and remember when you wake the following day. A step forward, a problem solved, a decision made, something to look forward to.

Ideally give yourself a solution to something that has been hanging over you. Wake up and remember you did it and it's gone to give yourself a lift. Then do it again for the following morning.

Give yourself change. Then wake up each morning and remember.

Poppy Girl
06-02-15, 22:37
Hi Dan
So sorry that you are feeling so bad. How long have you been feeling like this? I'm asking because I felt the same as you do now for about 6 months with practically no relief at all. I used to wake up feeling anxious, feel wound up all day and go to bed knowing that it would all start again in the morning.
I had 6 weeks off work but in the end forced myself to go back. I wont say it was easy and I still felt bad but at least it gave me something to think about other than myself.
Are you having any counselling or therapy or are you taking any medication? All of these things can help, as can regular exercise as this releases endorphins to make you feel more relaxed and helps de stress. Talking about how you feel to people you love and trust is good too. Get out as much as you can and basically do anything you can that takes your focus off yourself.
The most important turning point for me with my anxiety was realising that trying to force it away and fighting it was just making it worse. Essentially I was just fighting against myself. I read a great book "At Last A Life" by Paul David and also 2 books by Claire Weekes. They made me look at my anxiety from a different perspective and helped me to accept that recovery would not be an instant thing but would take time.
I'm currently taking Venlafaxine and I had a course of CBT, which was also a great help and I would highly recommend it. I'm in a much better place now, although not fully recovered but I will get there eventually. You will too but accepting that it will take time is key. Also no one thing will "make" you better but a combination of things. Medication isn't for everyone - not everyone needs it but it sounds like you could do with some more help. Don't be afraid to ask!
All the best and hoping things improve for you soon:hugs: