PDA

View Full Version : Weird visual symptom.

RedXIII
01-02-15, 22:41
I haven't been able to find anyone else with this symptom on this site or on google but it is incredably worrying.

When I am watching TV or playing video games my vision is ok, until the camera pans sideways or something moves really fast. When this happens I have a very hard time seeing what is going on. I also have sore eyes and brain zaps I also have a sore neck and shoulder. My vision is also kind of foggy and I have a hard time focusing when there is a very busy environment like the grocery store.

I visited an ophthalmologist and he gave me a clear bill of health from his perspective and told me it was likely anxiety. I feel like he may have overlooked the fact that it could be neurological.

These symptoms are persistent and I can't stop thinking about them. I have been to the walk-in clinic 3 times and an ophthalmologist and my family doctor.

I started Venlafaxine today. I hope that helps.

Mindknot
02-02-15, 11:49
I haven't been able to find anyone else with this symptom on this site or on google but it is incredably worrying.

When I am watching TV or playing video games my vision is ok, until the camera pans sideways or something moves really fast. When this happens I have a very hard time seeing what is going on.

I replied to your previous post about this, and to be honest I still think this visual "problem" is just normal. Quite often cameras and things that are filmed move faster than your vision can adjust to, so they will appear out of focus. I get it all the time, I can't even watch a lot of computer games as they give me motion sickness, and I'm unable to focus my eyes on things. 3D movies are the same where quite often the foreground action is out of focus. Clever as people are these days, they still can't mimic genuine 3D life-ness on a screen with all the depth of field that our eyes and brain are used to, so the more you pay attention to the definition that's lacking, the more you will notice it.

As for the sore neck and shoulder, you're probably locking yourself into one position for too long. I'm guessing you are spending a fair bit of time in front of one screen or another at the mo, and should probably give your eyes and body a break for a bit.