PDA

View Full Version : Negative thoughts

Dan Wales
02-02-15, 11:58
I am always thinking negative thoughts but I want to chance them it positive thoughts. My anxiety won't let me think positive thoughts. How can I change that?

MrAndy
02-02-15, 12:14
I am always thinking negative thoughts but I want to chance them it positive thoughts. My anxiety won't let me think positive thoughts. How can I change that?
CBT challenges negative thoughts and works very well if you give it a good go

oli44
02-02-15, 12:19
Hello Dan,
In the last 2 years , I could learn how to influence my thoughts. Have you heard about MBSR. It s based on meditation. The goal is to understand better how your thoughts work. The thoughts let us think they re right; 80% of them are not right but just playing with us. If you learn to take distance to your thoughts you ll live better. For me it worked, I decided to meditate and it s incredible how it worked. My headackes disappeared, My sleep improved and I enjoy my life again. Olivier

Dan Wales
02-02-15, 12:43
Hello Dan,
In the last 2 years , I could learn how to influence my thoughts. Have you heard about MBSR. It s based on meditation. The goal is to understand better how your thoughts work. The thoughts let us think they re right; 80% of them are not right but just playing with us. If you learn to take distance to your thoughts you ll live better. For me it worked, I decided to meditate and it s incredible how it worked. My headackes disappeared, My sleep improved and I enjoy my life again. Olivier

I will try MBSR and hopefully it will work.

Munki
02-02-15, 17:05
I've never heard of that but it sounds amazing. That's out goal, to change those thoughts but it's so hard. Isn't it strange the way negativity is our default setting!

Buy yourself CBT for dummies. It opens your eyes to a lot of things...

RubyToo
02-02-15, 19:01
I am reading this book http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/0722535473?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00

I am half way through and it is really helping me understand those thoughts.

MyNameIsTerry
02-02-15, 21:30
MBSR is the original one developed by Jon Kabat-Zinn in the US. There is a version based on this developed in the UK called MBCT by Professor Mark Williams which is NICE recommended for depression but it's used for anxiety as well.

MBCT is a blended version of Mindfulness and CBT.