PDA

View Full Version : Hey there

Burt42
02-02-15, 14:07
Hey everybody!:) My name is Burt. I'm 24 years old. I have been battling panic attacks and general anxiety my whole life. I believe it is partly hereditary as my dad and grandad had the same issues. Most of the time i can keep it at bay with meditation and yoga but lately I've been having digestive problems which cause me to have chest pains.... needless to say that hurls me into a classic "im going to die now" situation. Sometimes the pain radiates through my arms and back which really gets me into a nice cocoon of self doubt and paranoia.
I used to take rescue remedy and theanine to ease my symptoms but that stuff is expensive.
Mainly I am joining this site for moral support and also to lend my extensive knowledge on the subject of panic to a larger audience.

venusbluejeans
02-02-15, 14:12
Hiya Burt42 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Dan Wales
02-02-15, 14:30
Hi Burt welcome to the forum.

xilvey
02-02-15, 17:14
welcome to the forum! I'm sorry I cant be of much help but sometimes a visit to your doctor and practicing breathing and relaxation techniques can help any ailment. I'm always happy to help and chat to if you ever want to send me a message! Even if its to moan about your day or talk about how your feeling! Wishing all the best! This forum is incredible :)