PDA

View Full Version : New here - GAD advice needed

alwaysanxious33
02-02-15, 16:47
Hi

Im new to this site but not to anxiety/depression. I have been on anti depressant sertraline for 10 years the past two years ive only been taking 50mg every other day, seemed to be fine. Last November have suffered a major relapse mainly of anxiety, GP asked me to increase my sertraline this made me feel 'annoyed at noises' and very much increased irritability not easy with 2 kids. GP then prescribed me pregabalin said its GAD causing my symptoms, ive been on it since beg of January 75mg twice daily but now im getting a lot of breakthrough anxiety, at first the pregabalin seemed to work brilliantly. Im back at GP on weds do people think I need to increase doseage?

SarahH
02-02-15, 17:53
Put simply... yes! . You are on a very small dose at the moment. You can go up as high as 600mgs a day. However, many people find relief from much lower doses. Its very individual with this med...but a GREAT one for anxiety for many people.

Sarah

alwaysanxious33
02-02-15, 17:56
Will I get side effects again? just initially upon starting I felt 'drunk' and felt unsafe to drive