PDA

View Full Version : Worried about breathing

telltheking
03-02-15, 12:20
Hi all.

I posted yesterday. I have had GAD and health anxiety for about 6 years. But over the weekend and now I am experiencing shallow breathing where I am extremely concious of my breathing and feel as though I am not taking in enough breath. I have never had this before. I have been feeling stressed lately and have been exercising a lot so maybe I am a bit run-down.

Does anyone else have this? I am really worried :(

flipsake
03-02-15, 13:59
Hi

there are lots of anxiety related reasons and this sis a very common type of thing with anxiety. It could also be a minor problem like an infection. Always would advise to see your doc if you are still worried.

As HA sufferers we face this all the time don't you find ? You notice something different. You worry. Often the symptom is being caused by your anxiety level. My wife runs through these with me and tries to rationalise them out. You're fit enough to be doing regular excercise so chances are it's nothing or the anxiety or a mild cold etc. that's how her brain works but not mine oh no.

Becoming hyper aware of any change is a common thing for us all. Is it possible to distract yourself with something enough to see if your symptom reduces a little ?

KayeS
03-02-15, 14:16
I have this right now but I know it's just anxiety. It always happens when I focus too much on my breathing. It feels like I constantly need to keep taking a deep breath to get enough air.