PDA

View Full Version : hi Nicky here, forgetfulness

fand4eva
03-02-15, 16:28
Hi, so I'm here because I'm at my wits end, I have health anxiety, ocd, and just about a month ago whilst out, I had a massive panic attack, convinced I was having a heart attack I rang 111 they said it was anxiety, it still carried on. Did relaxation techniques sometimes it worked, for the past few days I've been experiencing depersonalisation and feeling foggy/unreal it's scared the hell out of me, now please don't laugh but whilst I was getting undressed I noticed I'd placed 3 socks on one foot and one sock on the other, I must of done it this morning but I don't remember, Now I'm scared and wondering what else don't I remember? I feel like I'm going crazy I'm so frightened can anyone else relate? Is this anxiety or am I losing my mind :weep:

venusbluejeans
03-02-15, 16:33
Hiya fand4eva and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

flipsake
03-02-15, 17:06
Was just about to start my own thread about feeling foggy. It's been bugging me today. I've been making it into all sorts of weird things but I'm trying to stop myself. I'm just making sure I drink and eat and trying not to make it into anything. Not easy.

I have noticed that thinking about it makes it 10 times worse. Feel guilty because yesterday I had one beer.

I can definitely relate.

fand4eva
03-02-15, 17:14
Do u have the forgetfulness too babe? It's scary my husband just laughed at me for the sock incident it makes u feel like you're losing your identity x

flipsake
05-02-15, 11:37
Yes, I'm feeling like this especially today. Trying to do my work and finding it hard to concentrate. My wife laughs at me every day too. I find this helpful to be honest, as if you look back over all my health worries it is actually quite hilarious. I don't mean to be dismissive about anyones worries because I know only too well how it feels to be in the grip of anxiety especially health anxiety.

Having done this for a while I can imagine how the conversation would go with her and I do find her rationalising things helpful. What im struggling with is to stop the constant checking and reassurance seeking that goes along with my symptoms. Until I can do this I think I'll just be going round and round from one thing to the next.