PDA

View Full Version : some advice please

tricia56
03-02-15, 16:56
not sure ware to post this but for a couple of weeks now ive been getting pains across my ribs and feel it in my upper back ive been to see my gp twice over it and i had my bloods done which came back normal exept my vitamin d is low 23 what ever that is ive asked my doc whats causeing the pains but they just say it could be because of my low vitim d . it the pain gets me down and I try to tell myself its anxiety but I still worry about it I have it everyday, im not sureiflowvitim dcan cause this or should I go back to my gp or has any one else have this thk u

Oosh
03-02-15, 20:17
Just did a quick google and it does indeed say vit d deficiency can cause chest pains. Did your gp actually prescribe you any vit d then ?

I think if he says that's what it could be, all you can do is take a vit d supplement and see if it helps. I take a vit d3 supplement. I think it's supposed to be the best one to take. You'll find it all over the net. You can take pretty high doses. Try 250/500iu per day. Something like that. I think you can get 1000iu per day supplements all over the place so don't worry about that sort of dose. Your gp should have really told you all of this though. I take 500iu per day.

tricia56
03-02-15, 21:18
hi oosh thk you for replying my doc gave me 20000 3 times aweek think that's the right dose but I don't like taking anything I get to scared of side effects

Oosh
03-02-15, 21:27
Oh well there you go then. Yeh I've read people who are deficient taking higher doses like that.

Don't worry about side effects. I've taken it for a long time and never noticed anything negative. You may notice things like nails grow quicker initially though. I think your body uses it to make things like that.