PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety Worse after giving up smoking

claireypoo
03-02-15, 19:59
Anyone given up smoking and found their health anxiety got much worse?!

I feel like I'm on the verge of a PA all the time, palms sweaty, tingly, throat sore, mucusy, coughing phlegm (I gave up Friday) I'm using nicotine patches and every now and again an e-cig. Surely that's enough to replace the nicotine?

Arghhhhhh

(Of course, my sore throat - started yesterday - is something *really bad*. Why do I always obsess more over my throat I wonder?)

Help me ObiwanNMP You're my only hope!

Claire
X

SarahH
04-02-15, 13:09
a..and another

jimsmrs
04-02-15, 13:22
Nicotine patches can make your anxiety worse, you may need a milder one.

SarahH
04-02-15, 14:29
Claire whenever I give up (like currently) I use the Nicorette mouth spray and get no anxiety when I have used patches in the past it triggered all my anxiety symptoms

sarah

claireypoo
04-02-15, 22:11
Thank you, all, maybe a lower patch might help. Anxiety does seem worse with the patches, but without them I'm literally the anti-christ. Either that or crying my eyes out. It always like that when I give up. It's almost like PMT - but worse! :(

Steve1964
24-02-15, 20:13
I gave up just over a year ago, having smoked for 35 years.

I am convinced that my anxiety is much worse since giving up. I will not start again, because it was sheer hell giving up (I had an op last February, so had to go two days off cigs before op), and my lovely wife would be really disappointed if I started smelling like an ashtray again, and I don't want to put myself through the withdrawal again.

A fag, though, most definitely was a calmer for me, and I miss that.