PDA

View Full Version : Increasing ven too quickly?

maminooka
03-02-15, 20:10
I started off on ven on 13 Jan on 37.5mg (standard release), was put up to 75mg (slow release) a week later then up to 150mg (slow release)a week after that. I take it between 5-7am every morning.

I am getting no sleep now unless I take 20mg Zopidem - the doctor is not happy about this and has told me I will have to taper off in about 4 weeks when I am settled on the venlafaxine but I am worried that I will have withdrawals from the zopidem when this time comes. The doctor has never prescribed this medication before and I feel that the insomnia is due to increasing too quickly as I think most people go up at 27.5mg at a time.

I want to speak to a doctor or psych who has experience with this medication as I am losing faith in my doctor. He keeps contradicting himself with what he tells me. My mood is generally good, especially up until about early evening when I start getting really tired but am still unable to sleep properly.

Can anyone help me with how to approach my doctor to request a referral please? Also, does anyone know how long the insomnia will take to clear up on the 150mg dose or will it stay with me for as long as I am on ven?!

Any help would be greatly appreciated! x

billyclark33
05-02-15, 19:01
i was on 75mg slow release last month ( initial dose) saw the doc today and has doubled it to 150mg slow release and arranged an appointment for one month , hopefully this will improve things

Poppy Girl
05-02-15, 23:23
Hi there

I can't comment in a professional capacity as I'm not a medical expert but my doctor has always told me at least 3-4 weeks on any medication before looking at an increase. It took me 4 weeks on ven before i felt significantly better.

Hope this helps and hang in there! :hugs: