PDA

View Full Version : Exercise and heart THUDS!

mrgareth
03-02-15, 21:35
Hi all,

I have been struggling with forceful beats for over a year now, however I remember getting them when I was about 12 years old (they disappeared for many years). I'm now 25, weigh 190lbs and I smoke.

In the last year, they started off by interfering with me at rest, usually in work. Occuring a couple of times a day, the beats were commonly like others describe, a huge 'THUD' or contraction that lasts no longer than a second.

Since increasing my exercise recently, I have noticed the thuds less during the day, at work and at rest, however in the last couple of weeks, I seem to get one almost every time I go to the gym (treadmill and weight training). A very big THUD and my heart rate resumes it's normal exerted pace. It's impossible to ignore, though being defiant and not experiencing other notable symptoms, I carry on my work out.

I'm due to see a cardiologist in the next month or so, I'm hoping these are benign.

Do these sound like benign ectopics? I don't like to attach anxiety to it as I don't experience anxious thoughts every time it happens.

Many thanks,
Gareth

Aaahhfreakout
05-02-15, 03:09
It sounds exactly like the benign ectopics that many people here get, yeah.

Still obviously get it checked out, though.