PDA

View Full Version : Hi to everyone

June L
04-02-15, 10:54
Hi I am June and new to no panic. I live on my own and have had anxiety panic attacks and agoraphobia for many many year. Over the past seven years I was doing really well with all three. Then I lost my brother 18 weeks ago after years of watching him fight terminal illness. Prior to his death I saw my problems returning and after they came back with a vengeance. As most of you will know owing to government cut it is really hard to get help today. So I have joined the site in hope it will help me and also hopefully others too. At present I am back to trying to use relaxation techniques to desensitise my body so I can start to try and open my door again.

venusbluejeans
04-02-15, 10:59
Hiya June L and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

MrAndy
04-02-15, 11:09
hello welcome aboard ,you will find plenty of help and support on here

fand4eva
04-02-15, 14:04
Welcome babe u will be OK everyone here has been where u are I've lost both my parents my mum being only 37 when she died of secondary breast cancer xxx

June L
05-02-15, 14:18
Hi many thanks for your message so sorry to read about own your parents. My brother also had cancer but my heart goes out to your mum. As not only did I lose my late ex husbands mother to breast cancer and I too have incurred it. I cannot imagine what its like to lose both your parents I still have my Dad. I wish you all the very best with the OCD and the anxiety. I opened the door this morning I didn't get far because the anxiety was so high so I know what it like to have. I came in cried. I know wrong:shrug:

Chiffon
05-02-15, 15:19
Hi June. I lost my Dad in October, so I understand about the symptoms coming back with a vengeance. Can your Doctor give you something extra temporarily to help? Or perhaps contact 'Cruse' - they do phone counselling, if you feel you can't get to them x

June L
06-02-15, 15:02
Hi Chiffon really sorry to read about your Dad. I have had meds in the past but I get really bad side effects to all medications so my doctors feels best if I can come through this without them and that is what I am hoping. I have been up the local library this morning it only max 2 minutes from my home anxiety was very high but I did go into the library.