PDA

View Full Version : Ladies only please!!

Under~The~Stars
13-01-07, 20:02
Hey, I had a really really scary day on Wednesday. I got my time of the month which was 6 days late.

Let me tell you about my day as I'm now really worried -

Well, I woke up with really bad cramps in my stomach so went to the toilet. I thought to myself - do I take painkillers just now or will I go back to bed for an hour and relax and see if it eases off? So I went back to bed. About an hour later I woke up and the pains in my stomach were now really severe, I was in agony. So I got up, went to the toilet. However, when I went to the toilet I started to feel really weak (no strength in my arms or legs etc) and was sweating buckets all over my body. So I went downstairs and got paracetamols, however didn't take them then, was going to take them when I went back upstairs. When I got upstairs I went to the toilet again as really wasn't feeling well at all. Was shaking and sweating all over still and couldn't stand up (was sitting leaning over the sink). Eventually when I did stand up, I couldn't see anything and I could hardly hear anything. I couldn't talk properly either. So by this time I thought I was dying. My mum was at work - she is the person I rely on if I'm not well as I have really bad health anxiety and get worked up easily. So I went to my brother and told him I wasn't well - I then felt like I was going to pass out as I was standing but couldn't balance. My brother was no use so went and woke up my boyfriend. I said to him "I can't see or hear" and all he said was "well what do you want me to do about it!" Didn't exactly help! So he went and got me my paracetamols and I took them - my stomach was still agony! I phoned my mum at her work as I really thought there was something seriously wrong. She said I was just panicking. I maybe was panicking but that wasn't what was causing all of the symptoms! I started to feel sick while I was on the phone so had to hang up on her and threw up everywhere in my bathroom. After about half an hour I stood up after having been sick and started to feel dizzy and faint etc again and couldn't see properly so lay down in my bed. Was in bed all day - as I couldn't move.

I had a check up with my GP to do with my anxiety and panic etc yesterday. I told her what had happened on Wednesday and I was diagnosed as having dysmenorrhoea. Has anyone heard of it? It's just awful symptoms when it is the time of the month. However, me being me just went onto an nhs website to find out more about it and it said something about how this could possibly be an underlying gynaecological problem, such as endometriosis. When I read up on this I realised I have some of the symptoms of that. Should I be worried?

I do tend to worry obsessively about my health - but honestly I do have some symptoms and if I did have this then it means I might not be able to have children. This is a major worry for me as I really want kids. I love kids - at college I'm doing a childcare course ffs. What should I do?

Advice would be great, thanks.

Louise xxx

matilda
13-01-07, 20:14
Well i suppose you should ask for an exam to see if it is edometriosis. If it is there are treatments, my Mum had it and she had me and my sister!!!

yorkylover
13-01-07, 23:25
Hi Louise,I used to have periods each month like that especially in my teens.I used to be sick,used to feel faint and I would have to stay in bed all day in one position,sometimes two days.You probably panicked as well which made things worse for you.If you are not happy ask your gp for further tests.

Ellen XX

PITITA
13-01-07, 23:27
Hi Louise!

Please calm down, I believe it IS anxiety indeed as I have a friend who had EXACTLY the same problem about 9 years ago. She was consatntly sick (throwing up) and one day she suddenly lost her hearing while she was driving and thought she was dying! She then visited a hypnotherapist who managed to calm her down and after 10 visists her anxiety subsided and is now gone.

My story: I caught thrush a couple of months ago and since I've not had it before I freaked out for days that I had HIV or some oher horrible disease and ended up in the family clinic where they said it was thrush...lol so yeah I understand how u worry, but try not to assume the worst :)

Hugs xxxx

bearcrazy
14-01-07, 01:24
Hi Louise,

SORRY TO HEAR YOU ARE FEELING BAD. I am always sick in the morning when I am anxious and overtired, but usually feel better after. maybe the feeling dizzy etc is hormonal. If you are worried get your GP to check it out.

Hope u feel better soon,

Bear. xxxxxxxxxx

barbie
14-01-07, 17:20
Hi Louise.

I used to have endometriosis. I thought I would never be able to have children and went to pieces for a while. I was given tablets to take for about 3 months, and they stopped my periods, so that there could be no more scarring.
As soon as I came off them, I had one period then fell pregnant with twins much to my surprise!
Sadly I went into labour 20 weeks early and lost both girls. I would like to stress that that was NOT due to endometriosis though.
There are plenty of treatments for endo, and actually getting pregnant is one of the best! I had a Mirena coil after losing the twins, as that stopped my periods.
I had a laparoscopy to diagnose the endo about 3 years ago, and 2 weeks ago I went and had another to see if I was ok, and there is NO endo at all! So my little Angels obviously came to help me, even if they couldnt stay forever.

I just wanted you to know that if you do have endo, it is common and treatable, and the laparoscopy is a very simple procedure.

I hope this helps x

"Smile Like You Mean It"

groovygranny
14-01-07, 18:15
Hi Louise! Hope you're feeling a little better today.

I suffered with dysmenorrhoea for years, since I first started my periods until I had my three children. As has been said before it is very treatable, as is endometreosis, so there is no need to worry.

I had a couple of d & c's before I had children and I had a procedure about 14yrs ago when I was 38 called a "trans-cervical endometrial re-section" sounds 'orrible but it most certainly wasn't !! All it did was remove most of the lining of my womb. I still have periods but they are nothing like they used to be and are all but pain-free. BEST THING I EVER DID WAS HAVE THAT OP!!

Hope this info proves helpful and re-assuring to you.

lots luv

GG [:P]

xx

'There are no such things as strangers; just friends we haven't made yet!'

anxious
14-01-07, 21:18
it might have just been a 'bug' and a total coincidence,
hope you are ok now,

anx x

Laughter is a tranquilizer with no side effects

Under~The~Stars
15-01-07, 15:11
Hi every1, what you have all said has made me feel a bit better about this condition.

Matilda - that was very reassuring that your mum had endometriosis and still managed to have children.

Ellen - the symptoms are so bad aren't they! I can't do anything but lie in bed when I'm like that. My mum gets onto me for it - and says "every woman gets these symptoms, it's not that bad!" in the meantime I actually can't move with the pain etc. I have asked all my friends and none of them get what I get each month. Really annoys me when my mum puts me down like that! She doesn't understand how bad it is as she doesn't experience it herself.

Pitita - I believe I did panic about the pain etc, however I have had these symptoms a lot in the past when it has been my time of the month. They calmed down a lot when I was on the contraceptive pill, but had to come off as that in itself caused side effects. I have now went back to getting these horrible symptoms. Normally when I have a panic attack I can't sit still and become very agitated etc. This was very different - felt like I was going into shock. Good to know I'm not the only person who worries about things though.

Bear - Thanks for your advice.

Carlabarbie - I am so sorry to hear about your children. I don't really know what to say apart from thanks for trying to put my mind at ease as I can't imagine how hard that must be for you to talk about that situation. Thankyou so much.

Groovygranny - Thanks, that was very reassuring and helpful. Wouldn't wish the symptoms on anyone!

Anxious - spoke to you last night in chat about it lol. Thanks for replying and trying to make me feel better.

Louise xxx