PDA

View Full Version : Lump in bottom jaw

J4the96
04-02-15, 19:43
About 5 months ago I noticed a small lump in my lower jaw. Panicked and went to out if hours GP. A&E and my own GP who all said it was nothing to worry about. I forgot all about it until about 3 months ago and went back to GP who again said nothing to worry about . I forgot about it until last month and felt it again GP said same thing.

I've just felt it Again and not sure if it feels bigger. I've prodded and poked the area that much that I'm not sure what I'm feeling now and don't seem to be able to find the small lump but I can't feel a bigger one - not sure if it's muscle or. The small lump has grown - struggling

Any advise ?

chrisjose1913
07-02-15, 00:05
It's pretty common, I use to find the more i prod and poke the more i used to convince myself the lump is getting bigger. Trust your doctor.

Light_Bringer777
07-02-15, 00:49
Yeah lumps in the neck and jaw area are really common. A trick that sort of works for me if nothing down the size and feel of it when I notice one, then I give it time since hardly anything catastrophic will happen from a lump in a few days. If after a few weeks or a month it really changed, consult your doctor and trust his judgement. It never happened to me though, they always disappear or stay roughly the same, and whenever I "can't quite tell" if it got bigger, then I count that as a no. The day I'll be sure one doubled or tripled in size, or went from "I can feel it" to "my wife can SEE it", I'll allow myself to worry a bit :P

I have one in the side of my neck that I'm tracking right now... I'll admit I'm worried again as always (damn you anxiety!), but I do my best not to think about it and not google or anything. It hasn't changed in 3+ weeks, what a surprise ;P