PDA

View Full Version : Varicose veins (Guys only on this one)

Dan21
13-01-07, 20:24
Hi,

Apologies for such a touchy subject, but does anyone know if you can get varicose veins on the testicles?

I've been having a touch of discomfort over the last few days and for a good few years have had some red'ish veins on my right one. From time to time the redness becomes more pronounced. The redness is DEFINATELY only on the skin and some of the veins look quite red. Anyway, today the right one has been a bit painful and I wondered if it could be varicose veins?

Trying not to panic here................

-----------------------------
I want to go up to my anxiety, smile, put my arm around it and say to it caringly, 'Hey! How are you? How's your day been?'

Then, just as its about to answer me, I wanna throw a sack over it and give it a hiding within an inch of its life.

That would be nice.

leanne1980
13-01-07, 20:52
hi Dan
sorry i know u siad men only but just thought id say that my boyfriend ahs this, its not vaicose but its big standy out vein"!"

dont worry
leanne x

i just wanna feel normal

Meg
13-01-07, 20:59
Yes it is possible.

The veins will usually be distended, painful and tortuous and it will get steadily worse over time, it will not appear over a matter of hours or even days or weeks .

Often this can be mimiced by sitting for too long in an awkward position at once and restricting the blood flow or by you being too hot and the veins dilate to try to reduce body heat.

Meg

proactiveness, positivity, persistence, perseverance and practice = progress

russ
14-01-07, 07:38
Hi Dan, yes, yes, yes it is possible!

I found a lump in my testicles about three years back now. I went to the GP and she said there was a lump there and it need to be checked. Honestly I'd say this was the start of my health anxiety. I was paniced for weeks. :(

I went to the hospital and after an ultrasound I was told it was a "Varicocele". A varicocele is a like 'varicose veins' of the small veins next to one or both testes. I was told this is harmless and very common, the doctor said he has seen some men with them the size of golf balls!

They are harmless and the doctor said it required no further action unless it gave me pain.

Here is more info...

http://www.patient.co.uk/showdoc/23068876/

hope that helps.

Phill2
14-01-07, 10:35
Mine look like I've got 3.Harmless but sometimes uncomfortable
Phill

Don't believe everything you think.

Dan21
14-01-07, 21:18
Thanks for the posts.

I only put 'Guys Only' as I didnt want to offend anybody.:D

The redness has gone down and the twinges have kind of eased but on reflection, I think it might have been brought about by sleeping in shorts or possibly sitting crossed legged a lot. At least I now know that the redness might be varicose veins rather than anything else.

-----------------------------
I want to go up to my anxiety, smile, put my arm around it and say to it caringly, 'Hey! How are you? How's your day been?'

Then, just as its about to answer me, I wanna throw a sack over it and give it a hiding within an inch of its life.

That would be nice.