PDA

View Full Version : Fear of melanoma

Marcew
05-02-15, 02:40
Hi,

I have a mole on my chest that has been there for a long as I can remember. As a person with health anxiety, i have checked online many times for signs of melanoma. My mole is completely benign if I can trust the 'ABCD' rule - it's symmetric, etc.

But it does peel off from time to time. It's like a normal skin drying and falling. There's no itching, no bleeding, just the skin desquamating. When it's over, the mole is back to normal - he's not evolving, not changing color, nothing.

But this peeling off thing is driving me mad. Could this be a sign of melanoma?
Thank you (and sorry for my english).

CaliSurfGirl89
12-03-15, 19:18
Could anything be irritating it? i know exactly how you feel I have a huge fear on melanoma, I have a mole on my stomach that appeared about may\june and it was really small and raised, light brown, it is now bigger (still smaller than the end of a pencil eraser, perfectly round, not too dark but is still raised so ofc I worry about the increase of size symptom, it has slowly gotten bigger over 10 months but I still worry, I hope u feel better x

steph25
12-03-15, 19:27
I've got one on my back that is raised and peels off sometimes. It's been checked by the doctor and they say it's fine and just to put some vaseline on it to try and protect it.

Have you tried moisturising it?