PDA

View Full Version : Positive

Craze200
05-02-15, 03:43
I really want to beat my anxiety but I feel its getting the best of me. I used to be fun and outgoing. Now I'm a nervous wreck. Feel weird 24/7. No ambition. No drive. Cant even go to the shops without a panic attack. Got so many goals and dreams and wish to go USA but scared to get on plane incase I have a episode. I don't go DR. No medication. Just suffer in silence. I dream of beating it so I can get my life back. I feel from tomorrow I can start a new positive outlook on life and to try and ignore the anxiety that is trying to consume me. Any tips ????

JoshD
05-02-15, 06:27
I don't know what your views on group therapy are, but trust me. The right combination of that and medication is a great first step. I did not want to go to therapy at first, it freaked me out for one, and also I didn't think it would help at all, but it did. Find a place where everyone is very nice and supportive, including the people going there, it's like a community at the place I go to and I love it now. I'm 18 and most people there are 20-30, but I connect with them and it's much easier getting things off your chest to people that understand what you're going through. I wish you the best of luck! :)

Craze200
05-02-15, 12:57
Thankyou Josh

Alice1
05-02-15, 14:18
I think its a complicated process that I haven't fully figured out myself but I think definitely find a good friend to talk to and go from there. I have kept to myself a lot over the past month and did not expect how much better simply being with comforting people made me feel when I'm panicking!

Craze200
05-02-15, 14:23
Thankyou for you advice guys. Means alot.