PDA

View Full Version : New to this site

fourwalls
05-02-15, 11:11
Hi, my name is Melanie.
Over the years, my levels of anxiety have ranged from general daily worrying, to full-blown agoraphobia (which I'm sad to say, I currently have :-(
It's been a several months since I've had the confidence to walk downtown/into a store.
What started out as avoidance due to physical injury, has become panic attacks at the thought of getting out of the car (especially if I have to cross a road).
I have conquered this scenario once before, but it took a lot of time, and I just don't feel I'm progressing as fast as I would like.
Also, the loneliness and isolation is getting me down. This website is one of my few avenues of self-expression (since I'm housebound at the moment, plus i'm an introvert).
So if anyone has any advice/words of encouragement, I would really appreciate it.
PS: I am currently on Zeldox, and have had counselling previously.
Thank you.

venusbluejeans
05-02-15, 11:16
Hiya fourwalls and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes: