PDA

View Full Version : A range of feelings.

shan
05-02-15, 11:25
Hiiii,

I'm currently stuck in a huge rut. I woke up yesterday with a horrible aching pain in my stomach muscles which is still here this morning, that is filling me with anxiety. My head feels fuzzy, and I'm scared I'm forgetting things. My anxiety is just sky high and I'm on citalopram and have been for about a month now and it was helping me so much at the beginning but right now I see no hope. I'm scared that I'm actually dying, but I'm at university and have no access to my doctor at home easily and I'm not registered with a doctor here. Are these feelings normal? I don't know, I'm just super scared and some reassurance would be nice.:weep:

Thanks guys, life is just a bit tough right now.

popejoan
05-02-15, 11:34
Your symptoms are common symptoms of anxiety. Why don't you go to a walk in clinic and see a doctor?
You are probably tensing your muscles a lot, that causes muscles to ache. When you're anxious it's difficult to focus on other things, this is why you're forgetting things. Your body is in a constant fight or flight mode so that fuzzy feeling is because of excess adrenaline and/or lack of oxygen in your blood as a result of hyperventilating. Try to breathe slowly from your diaphragm.
If your medication is not enough maybe you can use some natural supplements, they can help with anxiety. Drink some chamomile tea. Take Vitamin B complex, magnesium, valerian root and lemon balm supplements. You can find them at Holland & Barrett or order them online.