View Full Version : Testing and my immense fears :'(

Vida
05-02-15, 11:57
I'm worried sick. Yesterday I went for new lab work. Today I go for an ultrasound. Next week I see a GI to probably set up a scope.
I have elevated amylase which is pancreas enzymes, and elevated glucose which I am not diabetic. Pancreatic cancer can have sudden onset diabetes. My left side hurts where my pancreas is. I do drink but I don't think I overdo it. I have no family history of it. Those enzymes can also be elevated with lung and ovarian cancer. Or maybe my initial fear of bowel cancer spread to pancreas or elsewhere.
I don't know how I'll handle bad news.
I think I'm overwhelming everyone on here. But I am scared. Now I can't sleep.
My intestines are constantly churning. Is that normal? They're loud. Can it be sign of something else? I'm trying not to google.

snowflake293
05-02-15, 15:25
Hi Vida

I am sorry you are having such a difficult time. I get really nervous and panicky over having any sort of test done, so I understand how scared you are feeling right now.

I am unable to give you any kind of medical advice, but remember that there are often loads of other causes for various test results and symptoms. I know you will be frightened though.

The fear of bad news is tough to deal with, I was convinced I had skin cancer before Christmas and I couldn't eat or sleep.

With regard to your intestines churning, I get that when I am really anxious - I can actually hear it.

You are doing the right thing not Googling. I am having a Google free day today.

Here if you need somebody to talk to and I hope things get easier

x