PDA

View Full Version : Can you feel some of your lymph nodes??

wingo22
05-02-15, 20:49
Hi guys,

I just need a hand with something. Hopefully someone on here know something about lymph nodes.

Anyway, I am 25 years old male about 5' 9'' and 140 pounds. I am generally thin. For a couple weeks I have been able to feel a couple lymph nodes just above my left armpit that move around. I went to the doctor 3 days ago, he felt 1 of them and said that it is normal size and not enlarged (about 0.7 cm was his estimation) and that if I really poke around my body I would be able to feel them all over.

Is this just because i'm thin?? it seems that these lymph nodes seem to be felt, but are not enlarged. That seems odd though, since most online resources have told me that lymph nodes which are palpable are automatically labled as enlarged. Most also say that a perfectly healthy person should not have palpable nodes.

Is it possible for a lymph node to be felt, even when it is not enlarged; and the person is healthy? Can anyone else feel their lymph nodes???

Thanks

misslove
07-02-15, 04:59
Im also very thin and have had an issue like this. Mine was near my armpit. Dr said it felt "normal" and it went away ina month. Try not to worry. If it was a dangers the dr would have said something. good luck!

chloe1
07-02-15, 08:23
I'm a girl and I'm thin, I went to the doctors about being able to feel mine in my groin and she said its normal for people who are thin. You will be able to feel them a bit. You'd know if they were actually swollen there's a big difference! When mine DID swell up when I was ill I could see the difference and now I know what's normal for me. To feel yours in your armpit is just normal for you