PDA

View Full Version : Phobia anxiety

Nataliaxo
05-02-15, 21:11
Hi everyone, I suffer from a phobia of vomit. I hate the fact of myself vomiting so the minute there is a bug or whatever around I instantly panic and make myself Ill.

Hope I'm not alone in this!!

Ladyface
09-02-15, 18:08
Hey! You're definitely not alone! I suffer from the same phobia (I can't even bring myself to type the word!) It's especially worse at the moment with all the bugs going around. I get so anxious about it I make myself ill too with all the worrying!

:)

Nataliaxo
09-02-15, 23:38
Hi there, sorry it's taken my this long to reply! So glad I'm not the only one, I also find it worse when you hear of "bugs" going around! And I too make myself Ill with it, I feel sick near enough everyday and it's basically due to me constantly thinking about sick. & even though I know it is mostly all in my head I can't shut it out, starting to really get to me & is interfering a lot with my day to day activities. I've been to the doctors & been put on tablets for the sicky feeling, also find myself eating loads of mints/rennies throughout the day.. Just want to be normal again as it seems to have just hit me proper the past few months!

Ladyface
10-02-15, 07:12
I'm sorry to hear it's interfering in your daily life. The sick feeling is awful and it makes you worry more if you're not sure if it's anxiety that's making you feel sick or if you're actually ill. I used to have panic attacks if I felt sick which made me feel even worse and still have them occasionally even though I've kinda gotten used to the feeling. I find that taking peppermint capsules helps and also digestion drops for nausea are really good. I know what you mean about feeling normal! Don't think I've ever felt normal :)

Nataliaxo
21-02-15, 04:21
Hi there, sorry I take so long to reply! Yeah it is horrible.. I've actually been doing okay for the past couple of weeks until I recenty found out about my friends little girl (5 year old) who has had a sickness bug this week, it's been playing up on my mind ever since finding out! So annoying. I would love to be able to go to a hypnotist or something so they could hypnotise me to stop thinking of this bloody thing!!! Yeah extra strong minds help for me & ice rennies

Seany8
22-02-15, 21:42
Hey, i was wondering if you've tried the Thrive book by a chap called Rob Kelly? I have the same phobia as you and i got the book a while back, and it really helps you understand stuff which really helps the phobia, give it a go if you haven't done so already!

Nataliaxo
27-02-15, 13:44
No I haven't tried that yet, read really good reviews about it though so definitely going to give it a shot! Thanks :)