PDA

View Full Version : Terrified I'm ignoring an ectopic pregnancy

Mrs worryworm
05-02-15, 22:10
This is my first post on a forum like this but believe me when I say it's long overdue. I suffer from anxiety, ocd, health anxiety. The slightest twinge I jump conclusions to the worst case scenario and google illnesses, manifest symptoms of that particular illness and then basically worry myself sick awaiting the inevitable pending doom.

My poor mother is worn out with my constant range of symptoms. My husband has stopped listening and I'm absolutely shattered from the worry of it all.
In the past my fears have included HIV, asbestos, DVT to name a few. These actually take over my life when they im in full worry mode

At the moment. My fear is of ectopic pregnancy. I took a preg test last week and it was negative. The only reason I took it was because I had one day of red spotting and I feared this was implantation. My husband and I use condoms so I didn't fear I had really put myself in danger of pregnancy and I have pcos and only ever get a period when my body feels like it. The negative result eased my mind and I got on with life.

Now 8 days later I have mild cramps that come and go, bloating, wind, soft stool and I'm worried sick.

I'm trying my best to reassure myself that I've been through a lot lately and I'm just stressed and I need to chill out but then I think this could be a life or death situation and I'm being far too laid back about it.

Any help would be great! Thank you in advance

justina
05-02-15, 23:21
Welcome!

I have had an ectopic pregnancy and my tests were first positive, then positive again but weaker, then stronger. Then I had heavy bleeding and I had to go to the hospital. They did blood tests and my pregnancy hormones kept going up and down, which is typical for ectopic pregnancies . That is why tests go from strong to weak positive results and then back to strong again.

If you are worried, go and have a blood test for pregnancy with an ultrasound. But I really don't think it is necessary.

Mrs worryworm
11-02-15, 01:57
I tested again 5 days ago which was 10 days after my first test and results were negative I hope that's the end of my worrying about it but probably not.

Hck80
11-02-15, 14:51
You would know if you were having an ectopic, the pain is awful. I had one back in 2006 and I had a positive pregnancy test, bleeding and the worst pain ever, like it when hurt to walk. I think your pretty safe as you aren't having unprotected sex