PDA

View Full Version : Swollen glands in groin - painful

Turquoise
06-02-15, 04:12
Hi everyone. I've got 3 swollen glands in my groin - 2 on right, one on left. The right side is painful - and has been for almost 2 weeks. I've been to GPs and they sent me for blood tests and a ultrasound - got to wait until end of Feb for the scan though. She said it's to rule out cancer. No obvious infections although have cold/fluey thing on off since Xmas.

Trying really hard to be to rational but I'm sitting here at 4am typing this so the anxiety is winning through! Any good stories out there on similar symptoms?

Emloo22
06-02-15, 14:05
Hi Turquoise,

I haven't got anything specifically to reassure you but just wanted to say that yesterday I noticed a swollen gland on the left of my groin area (I could actually see it!) it then felt fairly sore all day (but possibly because I was poking at it that morning!). I have also got two smaller glands on the right side that I can feel but that do not hurt.

You will have to let me know how you get on. I haven't been to doctors - going to wait until after the weekend and see if they are still there, but trying not to get too panicky about it.

I'm sure they are fine, prob just reacting to something minor going on in the body. Let me know how it goes. Take care. x

Turquoise
06-02-15, 14:35
Hi there - and thanks so much for taking the time to reply with your experience - it definitely helps. I'm going to try and get an earlier private scan because I find the worrying so destructive! All the best.