PDA

View Full Version : I'm ready to be done. Please advise!

ryukyu_champloo
06-02-15, 08:28
My father died in September. He had a stroke, fell into the water from his fishing boat and it took us a week to find his body. It was hard, but the healing process was good. Then as I visited my family in Japan, on January 24th, my grandma died in the house. My first time seeing a dead body. For the couple days until the funeral I was doing alright. Then one day I was sitting watching TV and my entire body went cold, my heart started racing and my heart was beating fast. My blood pressure shot through the roof and my heart rate was incredibly fast. I thought I was having a heart attack and went immediately to the doctors. All the tests came out negative - nothing wrong with my heart. The doctors called in Panic Disorder.

I've never known something to be so frightening in my life. For the last week I have suffered from everything from severe heart palpitations, migraines, brain fog, fear that my death is coming, inability to breath, afraid to sleep, afraid to stay awake, afraid to leave my house for more than 10 minutes. For the past couple days I have forced myself out of the house and gone out and did things. It's helped a lot. Although I still get migraines and severe nervousness. The heart palpitations and inability to breath are far in between. I know I'm getting better.

Since my grandma's passing I was supposed to return to the States on February 2nd. Now it has been extended to February 18th because my attacks were so bad. I couldn't function properly. Which means I've inconvenienced my boyfriend (who stayed with me), his family (who is watching our dog), and my business partners who are taking care of the business I created. My business is busy and although they won't say it to my face, I know they are really needing my boyfriend and I back. My boyfriends mom makes comments like "oh, he's dating another girl who can't take care of herself."

I've suffered depression as a child, but I've never had full blown panic attacks like this. I've never been so frightened in my life. I have read blog posts and forums where people have suffered this for YEARS. I can't be suffering like this for years. I have a business to run and things that I need to get done.

I'm asking for help from people who have successfully gotten through panic disorders. Please advise me on what steps you took in order to get through this terrible mental disease.

venusbluejeans
06-02-15, 08:33
Hiya ryukyu_champloo and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes: