PDA

View Full Version : Low self esteem and hypersensitivity

heavymind
14-01-07, 08:48
Due to my low self esteem, when there is any criticism, I become hypersensitive. Today I have been mildly depressed, dont know why. Day before yesterday, there was a bad news that my boss is leaving the organization. Day before yesterday, there was also some criticism by somebody in the morning and some embarassing situations in the evening.

Atleast during my wedding next month, I want to be presentable and not have low self-esteem, anxiety or depression. Already I am worried, what my fiance' inlaw etc think of me.

asdf

tree
14-01-07, 15:36
Hey,
I think all of us with anxiety suffer from being criticised. We take it to heart and think we are not as good as everyone else. Of course this wrong everyone gets critisised and have embarrassing moments in life and you know what they say "what dont kills you makes you stronger". At your wedding its your day and every one will be wishing you luck and all the best and your bound to be abit nervous anyway so noone will be bothered if you are. Im sure your be fine with your in law i mean their child has chosen you to marry. You should just try to enjoy the moment.

bearcrazy
16-01-07, 19:03
Hi Heavymind,

I can go with everything that you say. We are hypersensitive people but that is because we are really caring people. I find it very hard to tell people how I feel in case I upset them or make them angry. Whenever I have tio go to see my boss now about issues I always end up crying, and find it hard to say what I feel. It make s me feel very vulnerable. Luckily my boss at the moment is very understanding.

Good luck with the wedding,
Hope you have a wonderful day and a wonderful life together.

xx