PDA

View Full Version : Convinced I have cancer

chloe1
06-02-15, 22:20
I am new to the site I have just joined tonight. I have read a few posts and I can't believe im not alone. I have started on citalopram 20mg today. For the first time. I have a 3 month old baby and a 14 month old toddler. I feel a bit overwhelmed and busy during the day. but I convice myself every night that I have cancer and I'm going to die. I cry every night and I also think I have an under lying heart condition that has gone un noticed. I know I have panic attacks but I really believe it's also to do with a heart condition. I tell my boyfriend every night that I think I'm going to die of cancer. He asked me the other day if I had heard of the boy who cried wolf. As I was crying because i havnt had the results of my smear test yet and I'm petrified. I know he's sick of me but I don't want to be like this either. Has anyone found citalopram helped? If I get any bad side effects I think I will end up in A & E because I can't feel more anxious than I do at the min. I'm taking zopiclone 7.5mg at night to help me sleep too. I just wondered if anyone else found that citalopram could help me stop feeling so anxious about dying and my health. I just want to feel normal and not scared to death of me or my family dying.

AthenaFaeyrn
06-02-15, 23:31
Welcome chloe! You are most definitely not alone! There are so many of us, it's sad that what we suffer from is still not really too understood by many people.

Citalopram - as with any other med - will be different for everyone. I didn't respond very well on it, although I wasn't on it for very long, and it really, really seems to be a matter of how each individual responds to it so don't take anyones bad experience with it as any sort of indication of how you will.

I hope you feel at home here with us bunch! <3 We're all in the same boat. x

Superworrier
07-02-15, 00:09
Welcome Chloe , last year around about this time I thought I was going to die in fact part of me wanted to , to end the suffering.
Hey then I found this forum and Hun I never looked back, suddenly I could just be me and no one judged me or made me feel stupid for my fears.
These guys have held me up when I thought I was finished .
AthenaFaeyrn is right it is so sad in this day and age that we are trying to be understood , but that said she is also right in the fact that here you will never be alone and you can feel safe among people who ' just get it ' .