PDA

View Full Version : Feeling Hopeful :)

snowflake293
07-02-15, 13:08
Hi everyone

Just wanted to share a bit of positivity. I am feeling much better today with my health anxiety. It sounds weird, but I think the fact I am ill at the moment has actually helped?

Its weird but when I had the itching I was so convinced I had something lethal, when I found out it was shingles it was a relief!

Also I actually feel in a lot of pain and feel rough, more so than I ever had with HA symptoms, it has made me realise a bit what is real for me and what is my mind playing tricks on me.

I am getting a lot of shooting pains under my skin and I have little energy but my actual anxiety is loads better today!

Even though I am still getting some very real physical things that normally bother me, I feel much more relaxed about them.

Really want to get back to work, have been off almost a week now and I imagine I am going to need a bit more time. Being home alone in the day is a trigger for my anxiety so hopefully I'll be better when I am back to work.

Wanted to say a big thanks to everyone who has helped me recently, would be lost without this site - it has been such a huge support network for me.

:hugs:xxx

popejoan
07-02-15, 16:12
Yay, I'm happy to hear that :) And it's good that you wrote this down so if you ever feel hopeless again you can just read this and remember how you felt today.

I'm doing better myself too, although I have this huge cluster of pimples under my nose and they made my lymph nodes swell up, it doesn't scare me.

My GP prescribed me sertraline and propanolol (or something like that) yesterday and although they won't kick in for 2 weeks I feel hopeful :) xx

snowflake293
07-02-15, 18:48
Thanks hun :) That is a really good point, when I am feeling hopeless or panicking again I can look back on this post, that will really help!

Glad to hear you are doing better, sorry to hear about the pimples though :( but glad it doesn't scare you. Try tea tree oil for your pimples, works wonders :)

Ah good old Sertraline! I have been on it for over 2 months now and I feel so much better. It did take a while for it to kick in but it is worth sticking with it. Hope your medication helps you hun.

I am feeling quite rough with my shingles, low energy and got another patch of them come up now! On a lot of tablets which I don't really like.

Cooking myself some salmon, spinach and sweet potatoes for dinner - need nice healthy things to help me heal, feel really run down.

Hope your pimples clear up soon hun and that is fantastic news you are feeling better xx