PDA

View Full Version : Lump Inside Rectum Wall. Cancer?

worriednow22
07-02-15, 18:47
Hi,

Hope this isn't too disgusting. I am a 31 year old white male that has a fairly large lump/mass protruding from the left rectum wall. Its right inside my anus hole where it starts getting tighter/harder to reach. It feels about the size of a grape maybe, is under the skin and firm. It kinda sticks out when I squat or have a bowel movement. It definitely protrudes out more when I strain and have a bowel movement or go into a squat position. Alcohol seems to make it worse too and it can hurt the next day after drinking.

It's kinda shaped like a pill capsule and comes out of the anus like a "capsule finger" if that makes sense. It is fairly hard, but not as hard as bone. It almost feels like hard cartilage....kinda a firm rubbery lump. It's under the skin too...or so it feels. I can "push" it back into my anus and kinda make it go away but it keeps "telescoping" back out. Its pretty big and kinda hurts. Not only that, but I think there might be other ones deeper in my anus too. Because sometimes I can feel them too on certain days. I have had this for at least 4 years or maybe as long as 6...hard to tell if it's gotten any bigger or not. But I think perhaps it has gotten a little bigger.

I have been ignoring this for a while and figured it was piles or something. But I am not so sure. My bowels are narrow and weird looking. If this was cancer would I already be sick? I am actually pretty worried about this now. What do you guys think based on my description?

Frankie123
07-02-15, 18:59
You don't mention whether you have experienced any bleeding but it sounds like piles to me.

Light_Bringer777
07-02-15, 19:02
4-6 years with this and you've never dropped a word of it to a doctor or anything? That's the first thing I would do personally.

It does sound like piles to me also, and the fact that you've had this for quite a while and it doesn't seem to have gotten any major changes sounds good to me, but still. I wouldn't lose sleep over it, but I'd definitely try and have it checked in the next few weeks or months if I were you. Much better to be safe or deal with this while it's nothing serious. Just having a doc tell you it is piles would clear the issue up!

Just my uninformed opinion of course, but with something that's been there for years? Can't hurt to have it checked :)

worriednow22
07-02-15, 19:06
Its hard to say if I see any bleeding. I mean, sometimes I see maybe some lighter/orange brown mucus type stuff around the "cracks" or my bowel movements. Maybe even some streak of blood. But, it's not like bright red blood so I can't say if it's blood or not.

One thing is, the last few years my bowel movement consitency is all over the place. I have thin stools, big ones etc. It's all over the place. To be honest, within the last say 5-10 years my bowels use to be very consitent. Also sometimes after I drink coffee I have like a "mega" bowel movement once every say 2 weeks that smells really bad, makes me cramp like crazy. I will be on the toilet for 20 mins...it just keeps coming and it's all kinda old/rotten looking to be frank. Thin ribbon type stools keep coming out with a gritty texture and light brown color usually.

Gross I know, but it's almost like sometimes my bowels all come out at once during this movement. I have the worse cramps in my lower stomach and groin area when this happens. I literally cannot even talk, I just gotta wait for it to pass. This has been happening at least the last 5 years....probably 8-10 years. I feel like theres been something weird going on in this area for many years now. I also get weird pains from time to time in the rectum. Like a deep aching. I boiled this all down to possible Irritable bowel syndrome. But I sometimes wonder.

popejoan
07-02-15, 19:12
Yeah it definitely sounds like piles.

worriednow22
07-02-15, 19:16
I hope it's just piles. The thing is, the lump feels pretty hard like cartilage. Almost bone like, but not as hard. Really like a hard finger object dangling from inside my rectum a little under the skin.

popejoan
07-02-15, 19:21
Well anal cancer is very very rare and mostly hpv virus causes it, it is even rarer among heterosexual men.

worriednow22
07-02-15, 22:22
True but rectal cancer is another concern. BTW....I am 100% straight too. So I feel pretty confident I don't have anal cancer. Its the rectal cancer that concerns me.

---------- Post added at 21:58 ---------- Previous post was at 21:10 ----------

Whats the difference between rectal and colon cancer?

---------- Post added at 22:22 ---------- Previous post was at 21:58 ----------

Isnt colon/rectal cancer very rare at 31 years old? LOL...googling everything I am slowly becoming convinced I might have colon cancer now. Ugh....now my thoughts are consumed by this. I will try and set up an appointment here soon. Hopefully the doctor can tell pretty easily by feeling the lump.

popejoan
08-02-15, 00:38
Rectal and anal cancer are the same thing, bowel/colorectal is different. Rectal/anal cancer is the cancer of the rectum, and colorectal/bowel is cancer of the bowels. Anal cancer is very rare and bowel cancer is rare among young people.

No matter what you do, do not google! I've been there 2 months ago, had bowels cancer worries and turned out it was nothing, I am 30.

worriednow22
08-02-15, 00:58
I've already been busy googling all day. My day has been sucked away. Basically it would be really rare for someone my age to have either one of these right? I suppose I just need to get it checked to be safe. But I think it must be pretty rare for me at my age to have bowel, colon, rectal or anal cancer right?

popejoan
08-02-15, 01:07
Yes it is very very rare at your age. Of course get it checked but don't worry about cancer. Do you have unexplained weight loss? Blood in stool? Loose/flat stools? I guess not. You probably have piles. I had blood in stool and iron deficiency but they didn't even find a polyp. Don't google it will make everything worse, you're not a doctor and you're not trained to interpret what you read on facebook. Especially stay away from patient/survivor stories. I'm telling you because I've been there.

worriednow22
08-02-15, 01:11
Sadly I have loose and flat stools. My stools are all over the place nowadays. Maybe a little blood in stool...it's not obvious if so. But I think I see some from time to time streaked down the movements. Also, I have noticed maybe a little unexplained weight loss which is another thing that concerns me. Plus, I have been seeing some blood in my spit from time to time the last few months. So all of this concerns me. I just pray it's not cancer.

popejoan
08-02-15, 01:23
My stools were all over the place when I was worried about bowel cancer too. It's how anxiety works.The best thing to do is see a doctor, believe her/him if they say you're fine and move on. Is this your first worry?

worriednow22
08-02-15, 03:09
Nope, I have had many many worries. The thing is, my bowels have changed over the years for sure. Nothing to do with anxiety. In fact, I brushed off this anal lump a long time ago as something benign. Haven't even thought about it for years until it started hurting after drinking some alcohol a few nights ago. The truth is, something's way wrong for me in that area with bowel movements. I just pegged it down as probable IBS though.

Wuboo
08-02-15, 09:54
Deffo sounds like piles but as always, get checked out to easy the worry.

I had the same worry as you not so long back and also had flat, ribbon like stools, lots of inconsistency, mucus, bright red blood on the tissue, etc. plus a lump.

When my piles flare up their usually around for a couple weeks and although I've not had blood in the toilet it is there when I wipe.

Alcohol will make piles worse. Plus I think I had also experienced IBS as I was obviously very anxious. The IBS lasted about 3wks and once I felt easier after seeing the GP the IBS subsided fairly quick.

I got almost obsessed about getting solid stools I got some Fybogel and sure as hell the stools would make the Bristol Stool Chart people proud lol. If you're stools aren't solid grab some Fybogel, Psyllium Husk is probably what you got in the states.

Also if the lump is there all the time it could be a skin tag, pretty sure my GP said I have one,

worriednow22
08-02-15, 15:46
I just got a mirror and flashlight. My anus looks purple and the "lips" look inflamed...the skin around the hole. The lump...I can see it when I go into a squat position. Its under some purple shiny skin. The thing is, this is a hard lump though. If I feel deeper I can feel a "cluster" of lumps too. It's not a skin tag...way too hard for that. The lump is under the skin though.

EDIT: It looks a lot like this picture. http://vitalhealthinfo.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/hemorrhoids.jpg

The only thing is though, I think the lump is under this on the left side. I think I could have hemorroids with something else under one of them. Because the roid on the right feels soft. The one on the left has a cluster of hard lumps under it.

Fishmanpa
08-02-15, 17:51
I just got a mirror and flashlight. My anus looks purple and the "lips" look inflamed...the skin around the hole. The lump...I can see it when I go into a squat position. Its under some purple shiny skin. The thing is, this is a hard lump though. If I feel deeper I can feel a "cluster" of lumps too. It's not a skin tag...way too hard for that. The lump is under the skin though.

EDIT: It looks a lot like this picture. http://vitalhealthinfo.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/hemorrhoids.jpg

The only thing is though, I think the lump is under this on the left side. I think I could have hemorroids with something else under one of them. Because the roid on the right feels soft. The one on the left has a cluster of hard lumps under it.

Sheesh... thanks for that... That's a vision I'll have a difficult time erasing from my mind ~lol~ I understand you being concerned, but having a "deep" intimate relationship with the insides of your posterior is perhaps taking it a bit too far. I'd say it's time to allow a professional examine you and put to rest your fears along with deep internal and external examinations.

Positive thoughts

worriednow22
08-02-15, 18:21
Sheesh... thanks for that... That's a vision I'll have a difficult time erasing from my mind ~lol~ I understand you being concerned, but having a "deep" intimate relationship with the insides of your posterior is perhaps taking it a bit too far. I'd say it's time to allow a professional examine you and put to rest your fears along with deep internal and external examinations.

Positive thoughts

Sorry I did not mean to be too descriptive. I am just trying to describe my potential medical condition. Yes, I must go the doctor. I just need to save up some money. What do you mean deep internal and external examinations? LOL....you mean the test they give with the scope?

Fishmanpa
08-02-15, 18:32
Sorry I did not mean to be too descriptive. I am just trying to describe my potential medical condition. Yes, I must go the doctor. I just need to save up some money. What do you mean deep internal and external examinations? LOL....you mean the test they give with the scope?

No... I mean taking a flashlight and closely examining yourself along with, for lack of a better word, insertion! ~shudder~ As far as I'm concerned, I prefer things coming out of that area, not going in! Heck... on the bright side (besides the flashlight), at least you're keeping yourself limber!

Positive thoughts

worriednow22
08-02-15, 19:30
No... I mean taking a flashlight and closely examining yourself along with, for lack of a better word, insertion! ~shudder~ As far as I'm concerned, I prefer things coming out of that area, not going in! Heck... on the bright side (besides the flashlight), at least you're keeping yourself limber!

Positive thoughts

LOL...sorry. I know...I didn't want to look but after doing some google image searches I was curious to see how it looked. It looks like "piles" but I wonder about the harder lump on the left side. Its gross I know...sorry.

Fishmanpa
08-02-15, 20:36
Ok... listen... Don't drink as it irritates things and obviously aggravates your anxiety. Quit Googling and playing with your posterior stuff and see a doctor. It's really that simple.

Good luck and positive thoughts

willshakes06
08-05-18, 01:32
Did you ever find out what this was? I am having the same issue.