PDA

View Full Version : How often do you go to your gp?

Aubreyrose
07-02-15, 21:49
I moved to this gp after moving hoise about 2.5 years ago, I had the basic appointment to register and then a recheck of my blood pressure . But nothing since then until about 4 weeks ago when my anxiety and depression got so bad I went to see him. I chickened out the first time and told him about feeling dizzy but totally denied any anxiety or depression for some odd reason :blush:

A week later I realised how stupid I had been and went back to admit the real reason. He offered me medication but I said no I would wait for a counselling appointment .

The thing is that was 3 weeks ago and I am feeling much worse now and I am thinking I would have been better trying the medication and should go back

But I feel like going three times in a month about the same thing is way too much !

How often do you go is it too much if I go back - should I wait? I don't want to seem obsessed or anything:shrug:

Boydo
08-02-15, 13:44
when my anxiety and dp was at it worst and the brain fog was unbearable i rang them everyday ! and must been there 3 to 4 times a week for a month then went to a n e 4 times i was dead convinced i had cancer... brain tumor or something sinister....... i now ring them maybe once or at the peek twice a week ... it does get better just slowly, am nearly out of dp but after the high level of anxiety all those months my muscle all ache joints hurt getting ill quite alot am exhausted after a few hours! but comes and go so now got adrenal chronic fatigue syndrome, anxiety a huge roller-coaster it took allot of different docs, blood test, examinations for me to finally come to terms with it all and just accept it anxiety! best can do is trust your doctor i know it hard too but it something we all need to learn it hope you find comfort soon

googlequeen
21-02-15, 03:33
When I have a health anxiety flare up.... I will be at my doctors probably 3 times a week until it passes. Needless to say, my doctor gets a nice Christmas present from us :)