PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone!

pippypink
08-02-15, 02:50
Hi NMP! I am 18 and have been ruled by anxiety since I was 9 years old. Most of my childhood memories involve me habing panic attacks and generally missing out on all the fun! Now, I am approaching adulthood and I am determind not to let this horrible, crippling illness ruin the last of my teenage years and my chance of education and adult life.

I have finally been given a diagnosis (GAD and OCD) - and I am taking this year to overcome my demons, one step at a time! I have already managed to get out of the house a lot more, have got a part time job, am coutinuing with my nursing studies, I've stopped shutting myself off from friends and now I go out at the weekends. I almost, kind of feel like a normal teenager!

With support, I want to finally get rid of this dark cloud hanging over me. I would love to help others too!

venusbluejeans
08-02-15, 02:56
Hiya pippypink and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes: