PDA

View Full Version : Advice please,........ anyone......

Purdybird
02-09-04, 15:26
I'm after a bit of advice if possible please. I can't shake of the tight chest, tight throat ( feels like someone is pushing on it ) symptom. It is constantly lingering at various intensities and is really starting to PXXX me off!!! I have tried forgetting about it, but it just will not go away!!! I now it’s me that is causing it because I never feel it while I'm asleep and first thing in the morning. I think it's tension in my next, shoulders upper back.
Does any one now of any specific exercises that I could try?? The chest pain in particular is one that gets me worrying as I associate it with my heart ( angina ) – stupid I know!!

Any ideas would be gratefully received

Thanks

Purdybird x

seh1980
02-09-04, 17:04
Hi there,

i get the same pains that you are describing. I find that doing any exercises with my arms help - just moving them around and stretching them.

Sarah :D

Meg
02-09-04, 17:20
Hi

A massage is great, swimming too .

Rescue remedy for the throat and a relaxation CD for all of you . Preferably one that does progresive muscle relaxation .

Try to flop over like a Raggedy Ann doll would for a good few. minutes and 'just let go' of everything within you and do abdominal breathing . Pretend you have no bones or muscles left within you and are so floppy.

Meg

Anxiety is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind.
If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained.
Robert Albert Bloch

sal
02-09-04, 19:57
Hi Purdybird

You obviously dont feel this when you are asleep or when you first wake up so shows you are getting a relaxing sleep which is good.

Like Meg suggested swimming is really good for the tention in the upper body so you want to give it a go.

I think we have all had chest pains and imagined it to be angina, heart attack etc.

Hope this helps hon.

Love Sal xxxxx

Laurie28
03-09-04, 11:27
I had the throat tightening too - I felt like someone constantly had their hands round my throat. It did go when I learned to relax, and even though I get it sometimes now I can deal with it cause I know it is just anxiety.

Lucky

Wishingstar
03-09-04, 22:42
Yep that throat thing is the worst, isn't it?!

Relaxation cd's are what I use when I'm suffering from that a lot. Also, imagining you're a balloon and being all floppy, taking very deep breath to "fill yourself up" and then letting it all out again.....holding your breath for just a second or two between letting it out and inhaling.....really can help.

Another thing is sometimes to tighten your throat and release it again....in your mind, willing your throat to get even tighter and then releasing it it....sometimes that works.

Hope you feel better soon!