PDA

View Full Version : Insomnia and dilated pupils

LauraWoo84
08-02-15, 04:47
So for the last few weeks I have been weaning myself off amitriptyline and since this I have had brain zaps, constant headaches, extremely dilated pupils and can't get a full nights sleep despite being extremely tired. I don't drink alcohol, my diet is relatively balanced and I exercise. I went to my doctor on Friday todiscuss my dilated pupils and she believes it is eye strain but the extremely painful headaches are a concern.

I am concerned that I could have a brain tumour. My head feels extremely hot and tingles a lot.

Has anyone else experienced this whilst coming off amitriptyline and any advice on how I can help my insomnia. I am too nervous to even take paracetamol to help ease the head pain.

sarahxxx
10-02-15, 19:10
hi there i tried coming of dosulupin same type of a.d i had brain zaps headache no sleep and loads of other symptoms i ended up back on the and it took months for the bran zaps to go i have been on them 20 years

LauraWoo84
11-02-15, 19:58
hi there i tried coming of dosulupin same type of a.d i had brain zaps headache no sleep and loads of other symptoms i ended up back on the and it took months for the bran zaps to go i have been on them 20 years

Thanks Sarah, I've had one brain zap, dilated pupils and a hot tingling scalp but I really want to remain off the medication just wish o could go back to my old healthy, normal self