PDA

View Full Version : MRSA worries around nose...

hi07172
08-02-15, 21:26
Hi guys,

Recently I've been extremely anxious about MRSA, staph, cellulitis etc, and it's really taking it's toll.

Yesterday evening I noticed a painless spot just on the inside of my nostril, and without thinking I just popped it. Then I remembered all the stuff about MRSA and staph living in your nostrils and I'm super worried that it's going to get infected. This morning I also noticed a painful spot on the outside of my nostril, and I popped it as well (stupid mistake) and now I'm worried about that one too. I can also see a separate one forming.

I've been putting Fucidin cream in and around my nose as a prevention but I'm still worried. The spot on the outside of my nose started to go crusty so I broke the scab off and put some more cream on it. Nothing has swollen or gotten any worse since but I'm just convinced something terrible will happen, like blood poisoning that spreads to my brain or something. I've popped all manner of spots around my nose and mouth before without even thinking about it and nothing has ever happened, but no matter how much I remind myself of that nothing helps.

Anyone have similar experiences? Thank you.