PDA

View Full Version : Worried About dog ! Anxiety Sky high

Gemmal
08-02-15, 22:51
Hi all !

I know this isn't particularly suitable but my dog is going in for an operation on tue and it has sent my anxiety through the roof :(

He has a lump on his side , it's been there for about a year now but although checked by vets recently increased in size !

The vet took a FNA last week she seemed pretty confident as there was liquid in it dark liquid but sent it away anyway , the test results came back in conclusive with some very small mastic cells . ( I haven't googled ) she was very reassuring on the phone that its most likely nothing but it's best to be removed and biopsied . She said the lab didn't even red alert the results to them , I am worried sick ! :(

He is full of energy and seems ok but even the thought of him getting put under is making my heart race .

Thanks for letting me waffle on if you are still reading lol , please can you keep him in your prayers :)

getoutoftheboat
08-02-15, 22:55
This is the first time I've ever seen this on the forum, and one of the few replies I make, but THIS IS EXACTLY what began Health Anxiety in my life, my own dog was severely injured (about 18 months ago) and he is old so with much thought we decided we would not have surgery. I spent hundreds of hours researching his condition on line, looking for options, etc. This began my descent into ha. I fought this for a whole year. Finally I did find a therapy that began to help him recover. He is not fully recovered, but he did not have to have surgery. I still suffer with this and I believe that this is the biggest thing that has taken such a toll on my life. I understand entirely how you feel.

Libra
09-02-15, 12:04
I really feel for you with this Gemma. Im a great animal lover and ive been through similar situations with 3 previous dogs and operations, diagnosis etc.. Also set off my anxiety as my animals are my world.
All was ok with the ops and my dogs went on into good old age..Please let us know how things are and how your coping.

RubyToo
09-02-15, 16:46
hope all goes well tomorrow. From someone else who's condition came about from dogs in part. I think many of us more 'sensitive' souls relate better to animals.