PDA

View Full Version : New member and worries

RachieC123
09-02-15, 01:49
So today I went to the gym as usual and started to feel this really bad headache come on the right side of my head. Both at the front and back. This petrified me and I had to leave. Had a racing heart beat and also a feeling of numbness all over. I know I have health anxiety but I have really struggled with this today. I took painkillers and had a nap along with spending time withy family which helped. Now the headache is back but not half as bad as before. I don't want to take painkillers as I feel the headache only comes on when I worry. Had blood tests last week and everything came back normal. This was the worst headache I've experienced in a long time and it really has set me back into the vicious cycle of anxiety. Can anyone empathise or reassure me?!!

---------- Post added at 01:49 ---------- Previous post was at 01:48 ----------

Must also add when getting changed for the gym I met a lady who told me she had just suffered a stroke - could this be related to my attack?

DaisyP
09-02-15, 06:51
Hi, I had this a few weeks back which put me back into my state of health anxiety!

My migraine caused the right side of my body to go numb, it was terrifying. They are sending me to a neuro because of it just to check things out and ive been taken off of the pill. I've heard lots of people getting numbness with migraines. I hope it settles for you soon. Have you visited Dr before about the headaches? If they hurt that bad it sounds more like a migraine x