PDA

View Full Version : Terrified that boyfriend will leave me. Please help!

jasxo
09-02-15, 04:20
My boyfriend and I have been together for about a year, we have an amazing relationship but there is one problem. I am *TERRIFIED* that one day he is going to fall out of love with me and leave me for someone else. This thought nags me every single day and it is turning me into an anxious wreck.

He has not given me any reason whatsoever to fear losing him. He is eternally supportive, caring, thoughtful, and always goes out of his way to spend time with me and make me feel special. Our relationship is basically perfect and I think that is what scares me... I know I will ever be able to find someone else this amazing if we do not work out. I find myself starting to push him away to avoid being hurt. I have never told him about the fears that I have because I do not want him to think I'm dependent on him and scare him off.

We are both quite young (21) and I'm afraid at some point down the road he'll want to see what else is out there, find someone better or just get bored with me. I do not think of myself as the most attractive or interesting person so I'm convinced someone will lure him away! My questions are 1) do you think a couple can last if they have gotten together at a young age? and 2) how can I stop driving myself crazy, trust him and learn to enjoy the moment? I really want to solve this.

Any and all advice is appreciated! I need it haha.

hanshan
09-02-15, 10:23
Of course you will find someone else if it doesn't work out. That is silly thinking while you are only young.

When you find the guy who is incredibly scared to lose you (and you feel the same way), then things will be right.