PDA

View Full Version : FUMING

mirry
14-01-07, 14:22
I have just lost my temper big time !!!

My daughter wanted to blow bubbles out side our front door (we have a front garden), so I tied our little dog up outside, whos just turned 1 years old, cos she likes catching the bubbles.
I then went into the front room , to wrap up ebay stuff, then I heard a really scarey aggressive voice outside, shouting all over the street.
My husband and I rushed out to find the man next door shouting at my daughter (using all the bad words under the sun)......
it was upseting cos my daughter is so innocent.
What happened was our puppy run over to greet him , but couldnt quite reach him cos she was attatched to her lead.
Well he was shouting get that F'n dog away from me, he said to my daughter , tell your f'n parents , im going to shoot that f'n thing.

So I said to him , look if youve got a problem with the dog , you speak to us , NOT my 8 year old daughter, shes just a child.
Well he said , I dont give a F, that dog needs killing , and I will do it if it comes near me again.

Its the first time hes ever seen or heard the dog , she sleeps alot !!!

I told him , " no its you who needs shooting, speaking to a child like that !!!

OMG , I am fuming...i could strangle him !

mirryx

manmoor
14-01-07, 14:28
Your poor daughter having to listen to abuse like that espically from a grown man he should be ashamed of himself. Hope your daughters ok the wee pet. xxx

Take Care

Mandyxx

jo61
14-01-07, 14:46
how awful for you mirry. I can understand how you were so livid. That's no way to talk to a child, totally unacceptable

Jo xx

lildutt
14-01-07, 15:22
i think the same has jo

Piglet
14-01-07, 15:52
Well goodness me I hardly know what to say hun!!!!!

Piglet xx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

clickaway
14-01-07, 15:53
OMG - lock him up!! [}:)]

((Hugs))

Ray

http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

honeybee3939
14-01-07, 16:06
Mirry !

If he does it again hun i would report him, theres no need to use foul language like that to a child !

Some folk just dont have any respect !

Love

Andrea
xxxx

"If you have a worry turn it into a problem, you cant solve worrys but you can solve problems"

Southern_Belle
14-01-07, 16:18
Mirry,

I am so sorry that your poor little girl and you had to go through that. I too would report him if further incidents happen. Neighbors!

Hugs to you all,

Belxx

"Our thoughts are our reality"

mirry
14-01-07, 16:41
Thanks for your kind words, it was so horrible but unbelievable.
We still cant belilve it, I think he was drunk. I was going to phone the police and report him, but didnt know what for exactly ?
Drunk and disorderly maybe.

you know when your child gets attacked you just do the mother lion bit ,
My daughter was in tears, what a horrible man.

I said to my husband , I feel like taking the dog out there to do her
dodos on his lawn [}:)] You know we have all learnt about how our childhood effects us when were older , well I hope this hasnt effected her, she is a very timid girl as it is, she speaks with a whisper....
Im Livid, still want to phone the police but hubby says "no dont do that".

mirryx

clickaway
14-01-07, 16:43
If you had a moviecam with sound, that would probably shut him up!

Ray

http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

Dave777
14-01-07, 18:47
Hi Mirry, you are so right to be angry, the bloke has a mega problem with life, feel sorry for him, he is a SAD git !

Dave:)x

mirry
14-01-07, 20:44
sitting here fuming still, for how long i dont know.

hes about 70 years old, how will i pass him in the street without showing my hatred.
my daughter seems fine now, we told her hes drunk and its not her fault.

I feel like its unfinished business, if that makes sence ?
we got to live next door to him, but the way hes drinking I dont think he will last long.

mirryx

kazzie
14-01-07, 21:04
Oh Mirry

I do feel for you.

There is a lot of hysteria around at the moment over dog attacks and some people are being very silly about it!!!

I took one of my 3 dogs out today to a local beach and he is a labrador and people were treating him like a killer dog even tho he is soft!!!!

This does not excuse how this man spoke to your daughter tho!!!

I would write him a curt but polite note and tell him that anymore threats or abuse will be reported to the police and if he has a problem with your dog could he take it up with you and not an innocent child!!!

Take Care Mirry

Luv kaz x x x

Ross
14-01-07, 21:53
Hmmm, only one way to deal with people like that.

Sorry to word this in this manner, but I would piss through his letterbox.

mirry
14-01-07, 22:25
lol Ross , I think id find that difficult to do, but could ask hubby to do it?

As for dog attacks, my dog is soft as butter too, she is tiny and all waggy tailed, doesnt even bark. Wished she had attacked him now,lol.

mirryx

groovygranny
15-01-07, 00:14
Mirry, you've every right to feel as you do - praps we should all treat him to an NMP group )))))hug((((( in reverse !! (sorry, but granny's only human too!)

OK, he might have his own probs but that doesn't give him the right to behave in that obnoxious manner, no matter what his age.

If it's any comfort to you, I believe that 'what goes around comes around' so his behaviour is bound to backfire on him sooner or later - you reap what you sow.

lotsa luv to you and your family

GG [:P]

xx

'There are no such things as strangers; just friends we haven't made yet!'

matilda
15-01-07, 06:15
Sounds like he has mental health issues!!!

mirry
15-01-07, 11:17
up date,

I phoned my local police station to ask what should I do if it happened again,, basically asking for advice cos some one said , he may throw poisened meat over the fence for the dog to eat :(.
When my son left for school this morning I walked him past his house cos i am worried. Never seen agression like it before.
Well the police told me hes broken the law [xx(]
cant remember the exact words but , something like
causing a disturbance, threatening behaviour and soemthing to a minor ?

they said a police officer will get in touch with me shortly and will go to see him , to see what his problem is.

I said I dont know if I want that to happen, but they said he needs speaking to cos his behaviour sounds dangerous.

Now im sitting here worried sick but at the same time want him sorted.
Another thing is, hes drunk every day in the afternoon so if the police turn up I think he will show his true colours (which would be nice).

today my anxietys come back so it is stress related :(

thanks for your support, what would I do with out this site ?

mirryx

Granny Primark
15-01-07, 13:25
Mirry what a horrible, pathetic speciman of a human being you have for a neighbour.
Iam in total agreement with the police. This man needs a warning. How dare he behave the way he has.
He definitely needs sorting. Let the police do their job.
Im so sorry your anxiety is back.
Big hug for you and i hope you feel better soon.
Please keep us posted as to what happens.

Take care
LYNN xx

Piglet
15-01-07, 14:00
Mirry the conversation between you and Ross made me laugh.

I too would be feeling like you - I hate bad feeling. However the matter does need to be adressed, we can't all go round screaming at each other can we.

Big hugs

Piglet xx

mirry
15-01-07, 15:33
the police havent called ?
Starting to wonder if they will ?
They asked me what time will I be home and I said after 11.30, but still waiting.

lol, yes Ross gave me some good advise, but its just not possible.
Also a bit dangerous, those letter boxes can be quite snappy ,lol.

mirryx

Ross
15-01-07, 16:38
Ah you see, the trick is holding the letterbox with one hand and holding..... I shouldn't continue.

Anyway, onto the serious issue, you did the right thing by contacting the police. IF there are any further problems, at least the Police have knowledge of his behaviour already, which will make it far easier for them to take action in the future.

As you say, he is an elderly chap with what seems a drink problem. He obviously has issues of his own to combat. That aside, it doesn't warrant that kind of behaviour to a small child.

You also have to think from another point of view..... If your neighbour acted like that to a less civilised person, he would probably be sitting in a hospital ward now, and the 3rd party, in a Police Station.

The Police need to take action for the safety of people around him, AND for his safety also.

Good luck

Ross x

mirry
15-01-07, 17:26
Still no Police, unbelivable !

And they wonder why people take things into their own hands ?

Daughter seems happy tonight altho she wanted to invite a friend for tea on friday and didnt want to phone her friend up incase her dad was on the phone , so I think it has effected her in some way.

I will wait and see how long the police take [:I]

mirryx

Ross
15-01-07, 17:29
Hi Mirry, why not call the local Station again, and ask if there is any information regarding this?

Granny Primark
15-01-07, 18:00
Mirry i agree with ross. Phone the police again.
Twice last year i needed to get in touch with the police cus of unwarranted abuse. They went round to speak to the guy and gave him a warning. They asked if i wanted to prosicute but i said no. (foolishly)
The 3rd time he does it i will definitely prosicute,hes had enough chances.

Take care
LYNN xx

jo61
15-01-07, 18:57
Hi Mirry, did they ever turn up? If not just keep nagging them

Jo

mirry
15-01-07, 19:07
well, we have just had a visit from a nice police man, who also happens to be a dog lover :D He really liked our puppy and played with her.

He said he notised the house next door was dark , so he didnt know if he was in, but he said he will visit him today or tommorrow.
If he causes a fuss he will arrest him.

He said if a person threatens to harm your pet, then they can be done for it, because pets are classed as property
so hes threatening to harm my property.

He said he will visit us once hes spoken to him.And said we done the right thing phoning.

oh he also said, if a dog jumps up friendly to say hello, then it is the dogs nature and not a crime.

mirryx

Ross
15-01-07, 20:11
Thats good news Mirry.

I hope you didnt mention my idea of retaliation! [:I]

happyone
15-01-07, 20:53
I have just read this thread. OMG how dreadful! Ignorant, bullying old goat!
I'm glad you called the police, good for you!
happyone

"Today is the day before tomorrow. Tomorrow is another day." wisdom of my daughter!

sandlin
15-01-07, 20:58
What a total pig and thats right about what goes around comes around- he'll need you first.

Linda xxx

mirry
16-01-07, 07:33
Police phoned my at 9pm and said hes spoken to him ,
and he was intoxicated when he spoke to him.

He said he doesnt like dogs or kids :( and that he was shouting at the dog not any people (YEAH RIGHT!)

he was warned not to go near us or say anything, if he does he will be arrested, because they have his name on the system now.

The man said he admits he did shout alot.
Also he lied to the officer and said our dog barks all day and night !!!
This is such a lie, our dog is soooooo peaceful, she sleeps from
6pm - 9am and in the day sits with me on the sofa.
The only time she barks is on her walks when she sees other dogs.

Still at least he knows not to mess with us cos the police will be called.

And Ross , yes the police are on there way round to question you about recent letter box offences throughout the uk, infact your on crimewatch this week I think [}:)]

In the past I would never of phoned the police, the anxiety is horrible ,I felt my jaw clentched when the police officer was round my house......
very stressfully.

mirryx

jo61
16-01-07, 08:44
Well done Mirry for facing your fears and dealing with the police. Hopefully if they catch your neighbour sober they can put the wind up him. In order for a neighbour to complain about a barking dog, they have to have documentary evidence, ie keeping a diary and I'm pretty sure it needs to be done through the council initially. We had problems with our neighbours a few years ago as they moaned about our dogs barking but we got it resolved and are now back on speaking terms.

Love Jo xx

mirry
16-01-07, 17:40
Yes Im so glad its over , havent had any more problems so hopefuly he will think twice in furture.

Neighbours !!!

mirryx

Ross
16-01-07, 18:25
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">

And Ross , yes the police are on there way round to question you about recent letter box offences throughout the uk, infact your on crimewatch this week I think [}:)]

mirryx

<div align="right">Originally posted by mirry - 16 January 2007 : 07:33:23</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

Crimewatch eh? I'm gonna be famous! I'll call my agent!

It wasn't me your Honour. I'm Innocent. [V]

Lindalou64
16-01-07, 18:30
WOW WHAT AN ARSE.SORRY YA DAUGHTER HAD TO WITNESS THAT......BEST TO YA.........LINDA[8D]

Ma Larkin
17-01-07, 13:14
I'd build a high hedge between my property and the old goats!! Hope this hasn't upset your daughter too much and your little doggie!

Les

wobily_lin
19-01-07, 05:35
mirry,

just caught up wit dis..omg i so sorry for u n ye daughter..some ppl are just complete.....well i cant say butcha know wot i mean grr...

I glad de cops were helpful and have at least spoken to dis man..

Hope it's de end of it now..u tc xxx

Take care,
Lin xxx

"Fear is dat lil darkroom, wer negatives r developed", so positive thoughts okies!!!!!!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx