PDA

View Full Version : Help? PLEASE!

Ladyface
09-02-15, 19:26
Hey Guys

I've suffered from emetophobia since I can remember, I even developed an OCD because I felt that it protected me from getting ill. Sometimes my OCD pops up occasionally when I'm really anxious.

I work in a care home and around christmas time the norovirus was going round for over 4 weeks! Now it's going round again and I don't know what to do, I phoned in sick so much when it was going round before I don't think I can get away with phoning in sick again! I just can't stand the thought of going to work while it's going around, I can't eat, I can't sleep and I can't concentrate on anything!

Any ideas of how I can get out of going to work? Any help would be appreciated :)

blankspace
10-03-15, 21:54
Hello!
Have you tried explaining this to work?
They would definitely understand and want to help you.
Calling in sick may just make them suspicious.. I suffer from the same problem, youre not alone xx

Nervy_of_catford
12-05-15, 00:54
Have you been able to talk to your GP about this? It might be worth being referred for phobia counselling if you've not already tried it.

Additionally, if you are diagnosed with an anxiety disorder, you can tell your HR department in confidence. Anyone with a disability or long term health condition is protected from discrimination in the workplace - but they need to know in order to make adjustments & for the protection to be applied.

For example, my manager knows I have anxiety disorder (not the specifics of it, but just as a general thing), and that there are times I *have* to leave the office for fresh air. It's not that I'm bunking off, they know I'll be OK, just that when very anxious I stop being able to speak and just have to walk it off.

Best wishes