PDA

View Full Version : Worried About Heart

ZaraB90
09-02-15, 19:02
So today I am absolutely panicking because I had a thudding chest pain yesterday, then this morning a little bit more. Then it went, but in the afternoon my chest felt like it had huge amounts of pressure. It's like being gassy, but higher up. Now I'm having horrible twingeing pains inside the upper part of my left arm and worrying about possibly having a heart attack.
I'm 24, generally healthy but a bit overweight (mostly due to muscle mass apparently), but capable of panicking about just about everything. WHY DOES MY BODY KEEP PUTTING ME THROUGH THIS CRAP? And actually, is it my body or is it my mind?....... Deep, I know.
Thanks lovelies xx

TFuller89
09-02-15, 19:43
Hey ZaraB90, I'm sorry that you're going through this panic. I know how terrible it can be as I myself have times like this. I have both acid reflux and ibs so chest pain and gas pressure and things like that aren't uncommon for me. Start by taking some deep breaths and try to relax, are there any other times you've had this happen in the past or have you ever felt a pressure like this before? If you haven't what did you do differently today that could cause something like this. It's important to remember that panic attacks can easily mimic the symptoms of a heart attack which will just make the spiral worse(Once again, personal experience.) Just try to breathe and relax and look at it from a more rational perspective. Remember, you're not alone in suffering this. There's some wonderful stickies at the top of this sub-forum that you should give a read. They'll help you manage your health anxiety and start on the path to recovery.