PDA

View Full Version : Should I try and make someone with GAD come home?!

tryingtohelp
09-02-15, 21:39
First post, i googled you guys in a bit of a tizz!

My husband has been diagnosed with general anxiety and depression, symptoms since October but been building waaaay before that and went to the GP 4 weeks ago.

He's gone from feeling down, to needing to drive for hours and the last 3 days staying out a a friends and now sleeping in his car.

I'm alone with 3 children under 5 and am freaking out a bit tonight, he texted he is "feeling fine" but when I said the oldest is asking if daddy will be home tonight he texted "feeling fine but don't know". I spoke to him before that at 4pm and he sounded off.

What do I do??? I don't want to pressure him and make him worse but FFS he's sleeping in a car, I haven't seen him apart from him running in to shower and drive oldest to reception this morning. Am I helping him or enabling him?

How do I know he is safe?

From the other side tell me what I should do?

Thank you

venusbluejeans
09-02-15, 21:51
I think you need to talk to him and tell him you are worried about him and that the children are too.

Maybe say that you want to help sort out his problems as you are his wife and during the wedding vows it says the sickness and in health bit....remind him that you meant it and want to help him feel better.

Don't put too much pressure on him but let him know you are there for him and would like him to come home.