PDA

View Full Version : Is It Possible To Have Worms In Your Nose?

worriednow22
09-02-15, 21:43
Ok,

Sorry to be gross. But i'm just really worried after finding this today. maybe im just too paranoid but weird thing is about 2-3 weeks ago I ate some pork that was a bit red. My friend cooked it and I thought it was done. He later told me he didn't cook it all the way.

Anyways I was worried for maybe a day then I forgot about it. Well weird thing is, today my nose itched a little and I wiped it. This mucus looked weird. It was dry, like a flat roundish string and about 3/4 of an inch long. It really didn't look like mucus....it looked like some sort of white dry worm. I thought...this does look like a worm. Thinking it was impossible for a worm to be in your nose, I googled it just for fun. Some of the pics I saw looked like what I had a little.

The other thing is, I think I have seen this before within the last week. I just ignored it though. So I look up "nose worms" and find all sorts of stories about people having worms living in their brain/nose. I also read doctors saying it's very rare. But then I read stories saying its common.

To be honest, I am a little freaked out. Could this just be some weird dried mucus that is shaped like a string? I have had a bad cold lately in the last week. Sorry maybe I am just paranoid.

MyNameIsTerry
10-02-15, 09:11
The stories you found, do you mean in countries where a parasite burrows and lays eggs? If so, its going to be very rare outside of those countries.

You can get parasites even in fish tanks that burrow under skin, which my mother had, but its very uncommon and its easily treatable anyway but in that case you get the obvious signs of a burrowed nest which she had on her arm. They go for fleshy areas, so don't think this for your nose!

worriednow22
12-02-15, 15:36
I read about pinworm and tapeworm infestations in your nasal area. I am not sure how common this is in the usa. Perhaps I pulled something out my nose that looked like a worm? It happened again actually last night. I mean i'm sure there's lots of things that can come out of your nose that resembles a worm right?

worriednow22
13-02-15, 01:20
I am reading you can have pinworms in your nose. In fact, I read it's quite common. Crap.