PDA

View Full Version : I can feel a lump...

Poppette
10-02-15, 02:41
I've had pain to the left hand side of my belly button for a while now - but it's got increasingly tender recently. If I push down on it I can feel a lump that isn't in the other side and it's painful - my doctor said she can't feel it.

I've had an endoscopy recently and an upper abdominal scan and all seemed ok.

I'm petrified its intestinal cancer.

I get heart palpitations, am low in vitamin d and an constipated all the time now as well.

Please help.

Fishmanpa
10-02-15, 02:43
my doctor said she can't feel it....I've had an endoscopy recently and an upper abdominal scan and all seemed ok."

There you go! What else can be said the professional medical/scientific testing hasn't?

Positive thoughts

Poppette
10-02-15, 02:51
But they've never looked at my bowel or intestines. It's agony and they can tell I'm not well. The sonographer that did the scan agrees that it sounded like a bowel issue and that the ultrasound wouldn't pick up anything in the intestines- but my gallbladder, liver and kidneys seemed to be ok.

What else can I do?? I'm losing weight and I'm tired all the time :.(

Mrschurchill
10-02-15, 14:44
Stress can make you lose weight and also be constipated. If you are THAT worried then see your doctor and ask for a Sigmoidoscopy or Colonoscopy. This anxiety won't go away on it own. Have you tried any CBT? x

Poppette
13-02-15, 00:36
No MrsChurchill not yet. I know it could be anxiety... but I want to just carry on with my life and then I will get these symptoms that I just cant seem to shake off.

I don't know how to convince myself its nothing. Part of me wants a full body scan to make sure you know? lol

It sounds silly... but the other part of me doesn't want any investigations in case they find something. I don't think I would cope if they did...