PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety over clicking bones!

snowflake293
10-02-15, 12:32
Hi guys

I have had back pain for around 10 years due to degenerating discs. I manage it fairly well with physiotherapy, exercise, weight loss and pain killers but over the last year the pain has spread from my lower back to my upper back and shoulders.

Over the last month or so I have noticed a lot of clicking in my shoulders, knees, toes, wrists and ankles. I recently had an MRI of my ankle which showed signs of rheumatoid arthritis. I had a blood test which said I have no signs of inflammation but the rheumatoid factor was borderline, so I have been referred to a rheumatologist who I will see next month.

I am very stiff and sore in the mornings, this week has been especially bad as the weather is cold and I have been off work over a week now with shingles so I am not moving around as lot.

The clicking is very loud at times and bothers me. I worry that my body is falling to pieces. I am only 30 and I haven't had kids yet, I want to try for a baby soon and I am really scared I won't be able to have one. I also have endometriosis to top things off :weep:

Just wondering if anyone else feels anxious over bone clicking? I know a lot of people have clicking joints anyway - my boyfriend does and he reckons he's ok!

I am anxious about seeing the rheumatologist as I am very scared of having any sort of tests and scans and I worry they will want me to have more done :weep:

Coping better with my health anxiety these days, but this bone clicking thing is really bothering me and I feel sick worrying about it this afternoon.

I feel crap cause last year I was doing loads of exercise classes, 3 a week! Weights and boxing etc... All I can do at the moment is swimming.

I am actually swimming in an event in a few months time. I keep reminding myself that if I was seriously ill or had a serious bone problem I wouldn't be able to swim as well as I do.

Hate how anxiety seems to poison my mind :weep:

Fishmanpa
10-02-15, 13:03
Completely normal, especially since you're active. Look into taking a Glucosamine/Chondroitin supplement. It's helped me with the same issue. My joints no longer click or pop and I have less pain.

Positive thoughts

Mrschurchill
10-02-15, 13:14
I don't have pain but am a very clicky person. Arms, hips, back, knees! I have severe osteo arthiritis on both sides of my family (my poor wee granny was bed ridden from her late 40s) so kinda just accepted it will come my way eventually!

snowflake293
11-02-15, 09:25
Thanks for your replies folks. Fishmanpa I will definitely try that supplement, thank you :)

Sorry to hear about your osteoarthritis Mrschurchhill :( doesn't sound like much fun.

Feeling a bit more positive today about things. Aching though due to the cold morning so got a heat patch on my back!

Bit anxious about seeing the rheumatologist still :(

Think sometimes I need to accept I will always have some aches and pains. I do tend to associate being 'well' with being totally pain and sensation free which isn't right really!

xx