PDA

View Full Version : *PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE HELP* Red dots!

Toby2000
10-02-15, 21:22
Hi,

For about 4 months or so I have had these little pin prick dots near my lower, lower leg in the ankle area. They are literally so small you need a torch to be able to see them properly, because they don't show up in day light. It's like someone's scattered small, mini, mini grains of pepper on my legs and they've turned red. They're not raised, it's like they're in the skin. My leg does itch a lot, but it's not the dots that are itching. They're not a nuisance and are hardly noticeable unless you look really closely, like minuscule flecks. They're not any particular shape either and are just like a mini pin prick. I tried taking a picture of them, but the are so small you can't even see them. They don't look big enough to be petachie and aren't clustered together, just scattered and seperate. They are kind of like really really really really really tiny red freckles but smaller than anything.

I need help because I don't know what to do about them and I'm convinced it's cancer as always. My mum won't take me to the doctors because I'm a "time waster" apparently.

Thanks

cattia
10-02-15, 21:34
I have loads of these all over the place. I have had them for years so I don't think they are anything serious. I have also had blood tests that have showed a normal blood count. I think I looked them up once and they are called cherry something or other, I can't remember the exact name but I don't think they are anything bad. I have them on my arms, legs and tummy. Like you, they are only noticable if you look really closely and they are not clustered just scattered.

Toby2000
10-02-15, 21:40
Thanks for the reply:)

What exactly did the doctor say when/if you told him about them?

Mrschurchill
10-02-15, 21:42
I have these!! And freaked when I began to notice them. But they are honestly nothing to worry about xx

Toby2000
10-02-15, 21:45
Thanks for the reply! What did the doctor say when you showed him them? If you did anyway

---------- Post added at 21:45 ---------- Previous post was at 21:44 ----------

I have loads of these all over the place. I have had them for years so I don't think they are anything serious. I have also had blood tests that have showed a normal blood count. I think I looked them up once and they are called cherry something or other, I can't remember the exact name but I don't think they are anything bad. I have them on my arms, legs and tummy. Like you, they are only noticable if you look really closely and they are not clustered just scattered.
Thanks for the reply

What exactly did the doctor say when/if you told him about them?

Mrschurchill
10-02-15, 21:48
I didn't show the doctor, I've never actually asked. Too wrapped up on something else. It's basically little teeny weeny burst blood vessels. Honestly honey it's absolutely nothing serious x

Toby2000
10-02-15, 21:59
I didn't show the doctor, I've never actually asked. Too wrapped up on something else. It's basically little teeny weeny burst blood vessels. Honestly honey it's absolutely nothing serious x

That's what I'm trying to tell myself, but I think I'm going to nag my mum into insanity for a doctors appointment. Hoping it's just anxiety or cold weather :(

cattia
10-02-15, 22:01
I never asked the Dr either, probably because I have had them for so long and I know that during that time I have had a number of blood tests so I figure they would have showed up if it was anything bad.

popejoan
10-02-15, 22:19
I have them too, they are on my arms and definitely are not spots, I touch them and they feel like they are under my skin.

Mrschurchill
10-02-15, 22:26
Yeah I've had a full CBC last summer and nothing was picked up :) please stop worrying it's completely normal x

Pipkin
10-02-15, 23:34
I've had tons of these for over 30 years - I'm still going strong! More important is to get some support for your anxiety. Have you talked to your GP about this?

Pip

Toby2000
11-02-15, 18:00
I've had tons of these for over 30 years - I'm still going strong! More important is to get some support for your anxiety. Have you talked to your GP about this?

Pip

Thanks for the reply!

I really wish I knew why I had them :mad:

---------- Post added at 18:00 ---------- Previous post was at 17:59 ----------

Pip

Mine look like these by the way http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h458/Bunky202/The%20Chronicles%20of%20Ellie%20Bellie%20Bear/Petechiae/Petechiae-Temporal2.jpg

Image isn't mine

Pipkin
11-02-15, 18:57
It's hard to see but mine are similar. To be honest, I don't pay any attention to them. I'd only be concerned if they started changing, which they haven't.

It's still more important to get your anxiety under control. You'll be faced with a whole host of lumps, bumps and spots as the years go by and you'll need to be able to deal with them effectively.

Pip

LauraWoo84
11-02-15, 19:46
Hi

I have these too some of mine are slightly larger than the image but I have them on my arms, torso, scalp, legs, breast. I have had 4 different doctors look at them and all have told me that it is nothing to worry about.

Toby2000
11-02-15, 20:17
Thanks for the replies :)

I have tried to get my anxiety under control before, but it was unsuccessful.

My mum is really tired of me coming to her with new illnesses and "diseases" and we must've been to the doctors 3 or 4 times. First time was when I had this cough for weeks and months, which was due to hay fever. Second time was when I had blood in my urine, which was due to some kind of virus. Third time was actually to do with not coping, which was given the treatment of "Don't google!". Obviously, I did. So then googling and worrying led to a whole host of different illnesses. I started to get a headache which lasted for 3 weeks due to anxiety. I then started having thin stools due to anxiety, with frequent urination following on, which I did go to the doctors about. Guess what? Anxiety!

So I have to live with my worries for the time being

Just really confused as to why everything happens to me :weep: