PDA

View Full Version : ugh plz help

F2Fmma
11-02-15, 01:48
So starting over a year ago I started getting random panic attacks. I had ha that spiraled out of control after. For about three months I thought any moment was gunna be me last. Well after that three months I slowly got better. After about 6 months I was almost anxiety free I'd have the occasional freak out that lasted about a day maybe and was back to being happy. As of Saturday started feeling some symptoms come back I haven't felt for awhile. Almost 6 months to be exact. Well now its Tuesday and I feel full blow ha again. Of course first thing is my heart Cuz it seems my heart is pounding 24/7. Can heart disease go away for 6 months and come back or am I being a paranoid freak again. I've steered clear of Google for the most part Cuz I know where it leads. Trying to stay positive and continue life normal. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you for looking.

Light_Bringer777
11-02-15, 16:40
Congrats on the good 6 months and doing your best to stay positive right now!

"Heart disease" is the thing I heard the most often with people suffering from anxiety, because anxiety does make our heart pump! When you say your heart is pounding 24/7, do you mean you hear/feel it beat or does it beat really fast non-stop?

It definitely sounds like it's following your stress and panic, but has you ever talked about it with a doctor? I had racing heart at rest a few times, 150+ BPM for 1-3 hours, ended up doing an ECG and the cardiologist told me it cannot be my heart, that it was 100% from stress though he mentioned it's doesn't just mean anxiety but any form of stress, be it lack of sleep, allergy, temporary infection... And as a matter of fact my episodes always happened in periods of high stress, stomach bugs or indigestion.

F2Fmma
11-02-15, 18:53
Thanks a million for your reply. My heart is prob in the 100 BPM range whenever I feel my anxiety but I've been anxious for days straight. It has gone down when I'm relaxed. I just don't know if my heart is racing and causing anxiety or if anxiety is causing my heart to race. This anxiety came out of nowhere all over again. No changes to my basic life.

Vida
11-02-15, 20:21
I can relate to the feeling you are having. I recently started with overwhelming stress and while at work I could feel my heart pumping out of my throat. I work in an ER so I checked my pulse and I was up to 121. I know it's anxiety related. Moments when I get really scared about being sick I can feel my heart racing and I check my pulse and its at 110. Like you when I don't feel as much anxiety my heart rate is back within normal range 85 or so. It's our inner fight or flight response.

F2Fmma
11-02-15, 20:36
That helps a lot. That sounds word for word how I feel. Just scary because I don't know what its steaming from.