PDA

View Full Version : what's wrong with me 😕

zuzu14
11-02-15, 07:28
I'm 29 still live at home, ( I'm currently happy where I am )
about 3 years ago while working in a stressful job, where I currently work now i had lots of family health issues and neighbour issues. I had a severe anxiety attack I was offered counselling and medication. Which helped at the time, I'm still taking the medication. They said I had Generalised anxiety disorder,

I've had another panic attack recently. I'm nearly 30 I want a baby, I'm being pressured by friends to move out get my own place (buy a house ). I'm scared to live by myself for the loneliness and financial pressure of doing it alone. I don't feel ready and don't want to live by myself.

I'm having to reapply for my job which isn't helping with my anxiety.
Im single have been for 5 years now and I have lost all my self confidence. The thought of going on a date is terrifying I don't like the way I feel.

Feel like a failure

Ange1
11-02-15, 18:42
if your family are happy with you living at home then please listen to your own feelings and do what you think is best for yourself. It really isn't a failure to be single at 30 so maybe focus on taking care of yourself and looking at ways to build your confidence.
It's natural to be anxious when you have to reapply for your job so take it easy on yourself and wait until all that is settled before you even begin to consider anything else.:hugs:x

crystal17
11-02-15, 20:37
You're not a failure in any way. Life is hard with an anxiety disorder and very few people truly 'get' it.

Set your own rules in life and don't let other people make you feel guilty for being you. Its hard enough trying to get through life without feeling guilty too.

Sam100322
12-02-15, 14:33
Hey I send you a private message hope your ok x

zuzu14
12-02-15, 18:58
Hi anger 1; Thank you for message, family illness work and life have all gotten on top of me.. I have spoken to some work colleagues(friends) it was hard to explain About struggling with anxiety I've hidden it for years. As hard as it was they now know and have been helping. Xx

---------- Post added at 18:58 ---------- Previous post was at 18:54 ----------

Hi crystal 17 thank you for replying also, I'm trying to stop comparing my self to my friends etc. I need to spend a little time to sit back and look after myself xx

lior
12-02-15, 19:46
Having worries like this when you're nearly 30 is really common. Everyone re-evaluates their lives when they're 30. There's a perception that you need to have your life sorted by then. But you and I know that's not how it works.

You still have time to have a baby, and to find a partner. Moving out is easier when you have someone to move with. While you are dealing with reapplying for your job, and any short term family issues, this isn't the right time to be worrying about having a partner. Sort out the short term stuff, then you can make room for fun dating.

And dating really can be fun :) it's making a new friend, plus kisses and holding hands :)

zuzu14
12-02-15, 21:55
Hi lior Thank you for your message, were currently waiting to find out if my mum has a rare form of lung cancer and if there is any treatment.... :-/ dating is on my list of things to do, although I have anxiety about dating I need to start enjoying myself a little. Xx

I really appreciate the supportive messages on here.:hugs:

lior
12-02-15, 22:57
Dating is meant to be fun. When I've been on dates with people that take it too seriously, it's not fun any more. The best dates are about gently getting to know another person and seeing if you get on well. There is loads of fun in store for you. When other things in your life are going well, it's much easier to have fun with another person, and let new people into your life.

I haven't done too well with dating since I've been depressed - I reckon it's normal to feel anxious about dating when other stuff is going badly.

Ange1
13-02-15, 00:05
I'm really sorry about your mum Zuzu. It's understandable you feel this way with all this stuff going on. Big hugs :hugs: xx