PDA

View Full Version : Anyone had an IBS type episode from stress and it then resolved?

Anonybrit
11-02-15, 16:31
I'm 26 and have never had bowel problems in my life. For the last 2 and a bit weeks I've had gas, gurgling, softish stools and some abdominal cramps.

I've seen the Dr who is going to test for anything more serious but think it's likely an IBS type episode as I have been under a lot of stress and anxiety lately.

Has anyone else had such a thing? How long did it take to resolve? I am getting myself worried that I've ruined my bowels and will be stuck like this forever even though my Dr says that in most people it's just an episode that passes.

MrAndy
11-02-15, 16:39
I had it for about 6 months when I first encountered anxiety and also had a 3 month spell on antibiotics ,I changed my diet by cutting out the crap food and took probiotics every day
It eventually faded away and has never come back

Anonybrit
11-02-15, 17:47
I had it for about 6 months when I first encountered anxiety and also had a 3 month spell on antibiotics ,I changed my diet by cutting out the crap food and took probiotics every day
It eventually faded away and has never come back

Thanks Andy that's really great to hear, in causing myself a lot of anxiety by worrying that I've caused this thing that I'm stuck with forever, I just needed reassurance that my GP was right when she said that most of the time these things eventually fade when they are as a result of stress etc.

I'm not are if probiotics have really done much for me, I took them for a week with no real difference, but I am still extremely stressed/anxious so maybe I'm not giving anything a chance.

MrAndy
11-02-15, 20:14
Thanks Andy that's really great to hear, in causing myself a lot of anxiety by worrying that I've caused this thing that I'm stuck with forever, I just needed reassurance that my GP was right when she said that most of the time these things eventually fade when they are as a result of stress etc.

I'm not are if probiotics have really done much for me, I took them for a week with no real difference, but I am still extremely stressed/anxious so maybe I'm not giving anything a chance.
You need to be on them longer than a week to see a difference I took some high quality ones from holland and Barrett for over 3 months
I also ate as much yogurt as I could ,eventually my stomach settled