PDA

View Full Version : my hip hurts?

Mrs worryworm
11-02-15, 19:32
for the last week or so ive been having twinges in my left hip. it bothers me most when i sit down as i kinda sit in a weird side on relaxed position.

i know i shouldnt google but truth is i dont know what to google! a aching hip is a random symptom. it goes away when im busy also and then comes back with a vengeance.

HalfJack
11-02-15, 19:46
Don't google, go to a dr x

Mrs worryworm
15-02-15, 23:29
I did thank you. He checked everything and gave me the diagnosis of stress and anxiety. Basically there's nothing wrong with me :(

Light_Bringer777
15-02-15, 23:54
Does it come sstabbing with certain movements or feels more sore and achy like tired muscles?

Hip flexors, glutes and tfl are easy to strain from walking, jogging, climbing stairs or things like that. If stretching or pressure "hurts good" (painful but feels like it's helping at the same time, think pressing into stressed shoulders) I'd say it's definitely muscles, in which case it's only a matter of finding what's causing them to be sore.

Otherwise I'd probably say arthritis or arthrosis, depending on your age. Arthritis can be cause by a lot of things from stress to diet and repetitive movements.

Nothing scary in my opinion, but there's certainly ways to manage the pain or make it go away :)

Mrs worryworm
15-02-15, 23:58
I'm 30, it doesnt really make a difference with movement but I am more aware of it whilst sitting it's the very top of my pelvic bone and the above surrounding area

Starting to freak a bit it's my spleen :(

Light_Bringer777
16-02-15, 01:06
Had pain right on top of pelvic bone not to long ago which came from really tight muscles on the inside of the thigh, went away in 2-3 weeks but I was worried for a while XD

As for your spleen... unless I'm missing something the spleen is a solid 12+ inches higher, sitting inside your chest. How would that have anything to do with it?

Mrs worryworm
16-02-15, 17:39
Oh it was just when I pointed out the area that hurt to the doctor he said he thought it was muscular because the only organ in that area was my spleen.

Always-Worried
16-02-15, 18:33
I started to have hip pain a year or so ago, in the end I had an x-Ray and I have arthritic hips - I'm older than you though at 42.

Does it hurt more into the joint when you draw your leg up?

Mrs worryworm
17-02-15, 16:55
No it comes and goes just randomly. Movement isn't restricted at all.

Carnation
17-02-15, 19:47
Just wanted to say that I had this for a few weeks and it turned out to be trapped wind!!!!

Mrs worryworm
18-02-15, 00:37
I defo have trapped wind. Every night I wake in pain with it. Thank you