PDA

View Full Version : I don't know what to do from here

chloe1
11-02-15, 23:17
I really think I have a heart condition and want an ECG, Will this pick up on heart abnormalities or would I need further tests if it came back normal? I have a numb tingling feeling on my left hand side of chest. I told my GP I fhink I have a heart condition and he said it's anxiety (with only checking my blood pressure, no further tests) he prescribed citalopram. But I tried it for 2 days and I had the worst stomach ever. I have 2 small babies and I couldn't even look after them because I was running to the toilet every 2 mins. I had to stop taking them. And I was also very concerned my anxiety was worse than before. And I can't afford it to get any worse. I already believe I am going to die. I think I have heart failire. I feel very out of control and scared. I want to be able to calm down and move on from it but I cant. I don't want to live my life like this but I also can't take the medication he prescribed. I don't know what to do. I just want to be happy and enjoy my babies while they are still small. But I am convinced I am
Dying and can't control what's happening with my heart. I don't know where to go from here. I think I need medication, I would prefer to be medicated than feel like this but I can't afford to feel worse before I feel better. What medication has worked for others in my situation? Is there any hope of me feeling better?

HalfJack
12-02-15, 01:09
It's good you're asking for help. Citalopram made me sick too, I went off it but I tried other meds and found them helpful. Is there anyone who you could stay with who could help you for the first 3 odd days if you tried a new medication?

It's worth talking to your doctor about it, if you're not sure what to say you can always write it down before you go so you don't get muddled, I've done that plenty of times :)
If you feel he's not taking you seriously you can ask for a second opinion. But it's also worth trusting them, if you've not got any symptoms they are concerned about and your BP is fine then that's a good sign you're OK.

Might be worth reading up on health anxiety and ways to deal with it. Lots of information on this site about positive ways to help yourself and lots of people giving good advice on different types of relaxation. You've come to the right place for good help and support.
If you have issues finding what you need write a post asking for tips, searching for relevant posts in the success stories forum is a great place to pick up good advice.

I get a lot of physical issues due to my anxiety, lots of random pains that make me worry but turn out to be nothing. Lots and lots of chest pains over the years, I was convinced I was dying too but all my tests came back fine and I have had perfect scores on all my check ups since.

hope you're feeling better x